S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Mercedes S350 W221 doors wont unlock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 04:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
S-class W221
Lightbulb Mercedes S350 W221 doors wont unlock

Please i really need help, last week my car started a fresh madness, i didnt drive it for like 4 days and when i wanted to go out, the car wont unlock when i press the key fob... i dont have a manual key on the key fob to use open it manually cus i bought this car with one key and there was no manual key on it, so that night i went outside and pressed the unlock botton several times while standing near the car, then i noticed the dashboard light was on.... but UNLOCK light on the exterior didnt flash, so i went closer and found the door was already open, i locked it back and the next day when i was going out, it opened at once but the lights on side mirror and tail-lights didnt flash .... i drove around for hours and returned home. Now, for another 3 days i didnt drive, but when i was going out again yesterday, the car wont unlock, i did what i did the last time but the car doors still wont unlock at all.
MY QUESTION IS which battery do i need to change??? the key batteries??? the auxiliary battery???? the main battery in the hood???? im very lost!!! please can anyone advice?
Old 05-03-2022, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 506 Likes on 340 Posts
1983 Nissan Shltbox
Replace all of them. These are old cars now.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 887 Likes on 637 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by NoBrakes
Please i really need help, last week my car started a fresh madness, i didnt drive it for like 4 days and when i wanted to go out, the car wont unlock when i press the key fob... i dont have a manual key on the key fob to use open it manually cus i bought this car with one key and there was no manual key on it, so that night i went outside and pressed the unlock botton several times while standing near the car, then i noticed the dashboard light was on.... but UNLOCK light on the exterior didnt flash, so i went closer and found the door was already open, i locked it back and the next day when i was going out, it opened at once but the lights on side mirror and tail-lights didnt flash .... i drove around for hours and returned home. Now, for another 3 days i didnt drive, but when i was going out again yesterday, the car wont unlock, i did what i did the last time but the car doors still wont unlock at all.
MY QUESTION IS which battery do i need to change??? the key batteries??? the auxiliary battery???? the main battery in the hood???? im very lost!!! please can anyone advice?
For the starters replace the battery of the key FOB. If you cannot open the doors you have no way to get to the other batteries either.

And then get a new key with the mechanical key in it...
Old 05-04-2022, 05:27 AM

S-class W221
Originally Posted by Senecat
Replace all of them. These are old cars now.
but i was told if the auxilary battery is weak i would get warnings on the dashboard... should i replace it even though i didnt get any warnings on the dashboard?
Old 05-04-2022, 12:22 PM

S-class W221
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Arrie
For the starters replace the battery of the key FOB. If you cannot open the doors you have no way to get to the other batteries either.

And then get a new key with the mechanical key in it...
I did exactly just that but it still didnt open, i have resolved the problem anyway, the problem was from the second battery in the boot not the main battery in the hood, i bought a new one and its all working fine now
The following users liked this post:
camplate (05-05-2022)