S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Apple car play - nav tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 s550
Apple car play - nav tool

I recently installed apple car play through nav tool.

I want to preface this by saying the company provides no installation instructions with the device and they are non existent on their website.

that being said after 2 weeks and multiple calls i was able to get everything programmed and installed.

funny because if they had actual directions it would have been a pretty easy process.

the hardest part besides the customer service issue was trying to stuff everything behind the radio. I have the ipod connection module that runs from the glovebox and that took up a good deal of space. Im working to see if i can just cut that wire. If anyone has a good thread on how that was installed please share.

as far as using the interface. So far so good. It works amazing in terms of apple car play. Unfortunately apple car play doesnt allow you to do netflix or you tube so im trying to find a way around that for a passenger to watch while i drive. But none the less it is a great feature if you can get past the setup bologna.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:41 AM

Received 206 Likes on 121 Posts
2007 Mercedes C280,2007 Mercedes S550,2008 Mercedes Gl450, 2012 Audi A6, 2007 Porsche 997 twin turbo
I also dealt with them about years ago and they were impossible to deal with so I decided to not even buy it. To be honest I don’t remember how much ******* charged but I ended up recently ended up buying this and installing it.

Works seamless and I can keep all my oem parts in place just in case I want to remove apple carplay.

Originally Posted by Jstocks
I recently installed apple car play through nav tool.

I want to preface this by saying the company provides no installation instructions with the device and they are non existent on their website.

that being said after 2 weeks and multiple calls i was able to get everything programmed and installed.

funny because if they had actual directions it would have been a pretty easy process.

the hardest part besides the customer service issue was trying to stuff everything behind the radio. I have the ipod connection module that runs from the glovebox and that took up a good deal of space. Im working to see if i can just cut that wire. If anyone has a good thread on how that was installed please share.

as far as using the interface. So far so good. It works amazing in terms of apple car play. Unfortunately apple car play doesnt allow you to do netflix or you tube so im trying to find a way around that for a passenger to watch while i drive. But none the less it is a great feature if you can get past the setup bologna.
The following users liked this post:
Mannylove (10-02-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
Originally Posted by Jstocks
I. I have the ipod connection module that runs from the glovebox and that took up a good deal of space. Im working to see if i can just cut that wire. If anyone has a good thread on how that was installed please share.

NTG 3.0 ? post 3 has the pdfs

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...questions.html