S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S350 120k oil leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 06:09 PM
SD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
S350 120k oil leak

Hi all, been a minute since I have been on the site. I have couple of questions. I had a relative pass last year and he has an 07' S350 with 120k on the clock that is being offered to me for next to nothing. The car is in Cleveland and I am in North Florida. Car runs and drives well but am told it is leaking oil, enough that it is hitting the floor. I cannot get much info as it is being relayed from a female relative who doesn't know what she is looking at. My question it pretty simple. I am intrigued, I didnt even know there was a short body S with a V6 and its in good shape OTHER than mentioned oil leak. I just want to know if there are any major oil leaks that would preclude me from driving it back to FL. Its about 1000 miles. What do you guys think? Are there common oil leaks on the car? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-04-2022, 06:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
S350
I have a 2013 S350. About a year ago, my mech discovered multiple oil leaks albeit all were small. The oil cooler gasket, the oil cap gasket, and one of the camshaft position sensors were leaking oil. He replaced them. About 10 months and 6K miles later, I got a message on the dash saying that I should top off the oil along with a strange engine startup noise. Brought her to him and he looked at it. He found a small leak coming out of the head cover seal and a small leak in the oil cap. He resealed the head cover and replaced the cap. I drove the car for about 500 miles now and all is good so far. Will see what happens.

My advice to you is that you should never take oil leaks lightly. Have it inspected and see if the leaks are from obvious places that are easy to fix. Otherwise skip the car.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:18 AM

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
2013 S550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by SD1
Hi all, been a minute since I have been on the site. I have couple of questions. I had a relative pass last year and he has an 07' S350 with 120k on the clock that is being offered to me for next to nothing. The car is in Cleveland and I am in North Florida. Car runs and drives well but am told it is leaking oil, enough that it is hitting the floor. I cannot get much info as it is being relayed from a female relative who doesn't know what she is looking at. My question it pretty simple. I am intrigued, I didnt even know there was a short body S with a V6 and its in good shape OTHER than mentioned oil leak. I just want to know if there are any major oil leaks that would preclude me from driving it back to FL. Its about 1000 miles. What do you guys think? Are there common oil leaks on the car? Thanks in advance!
I am sorry but you are asking a Crystal Ball question. No one on here can give you an answer not knowing how much it is leaking and where it is leaking from.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,965 Likes on 3,117 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by SD1
Please post the VIN and photos of the leaks.