S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Dash Panel Warning Light SRS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes s550 4 Matic
Exclamation Dash Panel Warning Light SRS

Hello All,

I need some information if anyone may know please feel free to post. Thank you ahead of time.

I had some front end damage and it caused the rear seatbelts to lock up and at one point the dash panel had all 4 seatbelts with this light. I replaced the rear ones as they were locked up and was unable to even use them, and now the light for the rear ones has gone away after the replacement. The front seatbelt SRS still remains, but the front seabelts never locked up.

Question: Do i need to remove the front seatbelts like i did with the rear ones and have them rebuilt, even if they did not lock up? If so, how do you remove the front seat belt portion that needs to be rebuilt. Also, does anyone have any diagrams showing how to remove the front seat belts.

I have posted some pictures of the errors i get and also an example of the kind of diagram i am looking for in relation to how to remove the front seat belts

Thanks for reading my post and for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-09-2023, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
the pyrotechnic bits that tighten the belts and or fire the air bag modules can hit a deliberate state after being triggered by an accident ... aka I have fired the capacitors up ready for the crash (or even popped)

for seat belt pre tensioners pretty sure its always replacement - for crash alerts or air bags that went off on some cars its a reset, on a Merc its meant to be replace the control modules - nasty companies can force a reset - the reality is a) Merc want the units back for crash research, b) to rob you of a large sum of money c) and or believe the prep for the crash on early electronics means the unit is no longer trust worthy for another crash