S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Brand New 2014 S550 owner and I have a few problems, please help me out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
For what it is worth, since my brakes only squealed when it was cold (first thing in the AM backing out of the garage), my wife filmed me backing out. The brakes squealed. I played that for the service advisor and they replaced all the brake pads. The tech stated on the work order that he found LI42.10-P-058354 and replaced the pads no problem.

As an aside, since there is a known bulletin for this issue, I am at a loss to understand why folks would say it is normal. If you actually own a 2014 or later S550, and you have the issue, just go to the dealer and ask them to fix it. I certainly did not need to convince the SA to handle it for me. They were quite accommodating to fix this warranty issue.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by Surge
Squealing brakes at low speeds is completely normal.

Chucky300 - I think the dealer did you a favor to keep you happy -- and to bill MB for the work.

The pad material (I used to be a brake engineer at Akebono in Japan) used in most performance cars will cause squealing at low speeds. Every Porsche does it from time to time.

Just brake harder, and the sound will go away

Or don't buy a performance oriented car.
Pretty stupid advice.

But thank you for your opinion.

This is not my first S Class, and not the first time I've had to replace under warranty when I get a new one.

Since my replaced pads - each time - never heard another squeal.

I'm worried to hear you worked for a brake company...
Old 12-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Since I got over driving like an idiot on public roads when I was about 22, I would much prefer brakes that did not squeak and were not rated for hauling the big car to a quick stop from 150 mph. Seriously, I just don't get putting up with a harsher ride, a rumbling exhaust note, sport type seats and squeaky brakes in a big, comfortable, luxury sedan, which is why the AMG models hold absolutely no appeal for me. I am quite sure that MB can fit brake pads to these cars that will never squeak and will perform way over and above the needs of anyone who even comes close to obeying our traffic laws in the USA. Merry Christmas!
I wouldn't bother. His advice is ridiculous. Brake harder, or don't buy a performance oriented car? What kind of crap is that.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 GL63; 2012 S63
Originally Posted by Nanook
I also have the squeaky brakes backing out of the garage every morning and on occasion on the street..I believe it is a temperature thing (when cold)..
I complained to dealerships about squeaky brakes and they ordered and installed new brakes out of Germany. I've got a 2015 S65.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by SteveVukelich
To setup a vehicle hotspot
I spent hours attempting to setup the MB WLAN and even with the wireless icon appearing and my phone indicating an "excellent" connection, I was unable to access the Internet. After numerous conversations with Mercedes personnel, at all levels, the answer is not a subscription to Mbrace but rather the necessity of a subscription to "Mbrace Mercedes Apps" for an additional $168.00 above the basic $280.00 Mbrace.

Last edited by MBZFAN55; 01-01-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 s550 amg
Smile

squizing noıse ıs recall, take ıt to your local dealer have them fıx ıt,i got mine done 2014 s550 same problem
Yes there is wifi on the car hotspot 3g its slow useless,they charge $280 for a year for mbrace and $28 month for mbrace plus which you get wifi,mbrace plus wont come without mbrace package,
6 month trial free on mbrace
3 motnh free trial on mbrace plus
Good luck
Old 01-23-2016, 11:37 PM

camry
If these are the only problems with it I might have to consider this vehicle, was in the market for a denali but those have a problem they can't seem to fix for some reason
Old 01-26-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
I spent hours attempting to setup the MB WLAN and even with the wireless icon appearing and my phone indicating an "excellent" connection, I was unable to access the Internet. After numerous conversations with Mercedes personnel, at all levels, the answer is not a subscription to Mbrace but rather the necessity of a subscription to "Mbrace Mercedes Apps" for an additional $168.00 above the basic $280.00 Mbrace.

I just got my car last week. Although the car is a year old, it was used by MBenz and I am the first registered owner. Been busy playing with the COMAND system and connected my phone via the USB outlet in the center console today. I use my phone's data plan and the internet interface was pretty fast. I'm not sure if it is the USB connection or my Bluetooth that is doing it, but my wireless carrier's data plan is cheaper than an MBrace subscription so it's the way to go for me. I most wanted to access a local website with freeway traffic cameras so I set a bookmark and added it to the Favorites menu.

Hit the Favorites key, scroll a couple of places to the right and press enter, then up pops the website with camera views of the traffic on the highways.

Works like a champ.

I have a 4G LTE enabled LG G2 phone and T-Mobile is my wireless carrier.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:37 PM

MB GLC 300
Where is sim-card slot located?

Originally Posted by danman0418
Im asking a few questions for my dad, he just bought a 2014 S550 and has had the car for about 3 weeks now and got it after he did the european delivery. The car is fully loaded and there's a few things he still doesn't get

1.He's wondering how to set up the wi-fi on the car. The MB dealer close to me has no idea how to do it, they sent a message to mercedes in germany and haven't heard back.

2.How does he turn on the DVD using the remote, the dealership said it was an issue with the wifi but that left me confused on why the 2 go hand in hand

3.Why are his brakes squeaking when he put it in reverse in the morning, the car has less than 700 miles but the dealer told me this is normal in a new car, but he's been in the car business for a long time and believes this isn't normal

Thank you
Dear friends!
I've just bought used but very well equipped car from Europe, satisfied completely. Just a problem, need to change sim-card in incur hotspot, unfortunately could not find a slot(((( Would appreciate any your ideas
Old 04-27-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 S560
1. Instructions follow for wifi:

To setup a vehicle hotspot

Conditions

========
a. To establish a WLAN connection between COMAND Online and a WLAN-enabled
device, such as a tablet computer or smartphone: WLAN must be activated at COMAND
Online and at the device to be connected.

b. If COMAND Online is to be used as a WLAN hotspot: COMAND Online must be connected to an Internet-enabled mobile phone via Bluetooth® or USB or mbrace.

c. The Internet access data for the mobile phone network provider must be selected
or set for COMAND Online. There must be an Internet connection to COMAND Online.

Activating the WLAN

================
1. To select Vehicle in the main function bar turn the controller and press to confirm.
2. Switch to the menu bar: slide the controller back.
3. Select System Settings. The system settings menu is shown.
4. Select WiFi. The WLAN menu appears.
5. Select Activate. It is the first menu item. Make sure the box is checked. Press
the controller to switch the connection on or off depending on the previous setting.

Connecting a device (assuming you have mbrace active)

===========================================
1. Select Vehicle in the main function bar. Turn the controller and press to confirm.
2. Switch to the menu bar by sliding the controller back.
3. Select System Settings. The system settings menu is shown.
4. Select WiFi. The WLAN menu appears.
5. Select Connect Using Security Key. From the device you want to connect select
the vehicle from the device to be connected; the name is on the COMAND screen and
looks like MB WLAN XXXXX.
6. Listed on that same COMAND screen is the passphrase. Enter the passphrase into the device.
YOU MUST TYPE THE PASSPHRASE EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS INCLUDING LOWER CASE, UPPER CASE, OR NUMERIC DIGITS. If the passphrase is accepted you will have internet access.

NOTE: If mbrace is not active, and your mobile phone permits sharing of the internet connection, the other options on this COMAND screen permits one to setup the sharing.

2. If you are wanting to use the main screen (front seats) and have dual-view make sure the remote is pointed just to the right of the display; the sensor is located there. I do not have the rear seat option.
3. Search this forum for "Screeching Brakes"; there is a discussion on them there.