S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Rear Seat Comfort Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550
Rear Seat Comfort Question

Hello. We just bought a fully loaded GL550 six months ago -- now having second thoughts because the teens in the second row are uncomfortable. I know we'll lose quite a lot changing at this time, but how comfortable are the rear-seating in the S550 (2014 or 2015). If very comfortable we'll sacrifice the money and trade. Second question, any advice on how to deal with the dealership over this? How much can I expect to lose? The GL550 was FULLY loaded (well over $100,000), and we bought a 7 year warranty, etc. (There was no available option which we didn't get). Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:10 AM

GL550
Also needed to mention, I would of course get the Executive Seating and whatever upgrades available to increase comfort.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Too Many
Originally Posted by nehemiahboaz
Hello. We just bought a fully loaded GL550 six months ago -- now having second thoughts because the teens in the second row are uncomfortable. I know we'll lose quite a lot changing at this time, but how comfortable are the rear-seating in the S550 (2014 or 2015). If very comfortable we'll sacrifice the money and trade. Second question, any advice on how to deal with the dealership over this? How much can I expect to lose? The GL550 was FULLY loaded (well over $100,000), and we bought a 7 year warranty, etc. (There was no available option which we didn't get). Thanks a lot for your help.
Um, well I hate to say it but you're probably going to lose your shorts if it's that loaded. Depends on what you paid for it. Triple Net (Dealer cost on MB is 12.25%) so take your sticker, minus 12.25% and subtract probably another 10%+.

Now, regarding S550 the rear seats are like a limo--super comfortable!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:50 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
agreed: rear seats are excellent and very spacious, I often find myself sitting back there while waiting for my daughter, I kind of wished I got the rear seat massage, but whatever, the exec option with the bucket seats also looks really nice, but the fold down
armrest is also quite nice and helpful with lots of storage space.....

in regards to the first part of the question: if you do but an S, at least try to sell the other newbie on your own; the dealer may seem friendly, but they're not our friends
Old 06-14-2014, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by nehemiahboaz

If you do make a change to a '14 or '15 S550 just make sure you get either the Warmth and Comfort Package or the adjustable rear seats and not the standard bench seat. The adjustable rear seats are extremely comfortable since everyone in my household is very picky on the comfort of the rear seats---and this is the first car everyone has said these seats are awesome even much better then my '08 S550 rear seats. I have the Warmth & Comfort package with the Nappa Interior. Also make sure to get either the Nappa or Exclusive Nappa with the adjustable rear seats. If anyone complains about the S rear seats with this configuration, there is no hope in changing out vehicles especially considering the quick financial loss you will endure.

Man, I feel this pain since financially this will not be good to trade the GL for the S but the S seats really are awesome!
Old 06-14-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
Will you just have two people in the backseat?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:07 AM

GL550
Yes, just two people. Went to the dealership. They had one 2015 S550, Executive Rear Seats, Napa Leather, Massage and Heated/Cooled Rear Seats, Rear Entertainment, Steering Assist, Distronic. Palladium Silver. Beautiful. Went to just look and seat in the rear seats, and could not leave it at that.

And you guys are right about the seats. It was quite painful financially, but I still think it was the right decision as I was not happy with the GL situation.