S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Ordered S500 Plug in hybrid.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 135 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
So the USA is stuck with the standard steering wheel that everyone mostly doesn't like, and Europe only gets the new choice?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by Jason B
So the USA is stuck with the standard steering wheel that everyone mostly doesn't like, and Europe only gets the new choice?
It is funny to see it said that way but basically, yes. In Europe, unless you order a non-AMG car with no AMG package, you are getting the 3-spoke sport steering wheel.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 03-04-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,243 Likes on 2,019 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
In Europe, like the US, the S class has an AMG sports package option for non-AMG cars and, those too get the new 3-spoke sport steering wheel. In this case, it was the 314 wheel which has the wood and leather. If you look at his build sheet above, he has option 950 which is an AMG Sports Package, which is why he got the 3-spoke sport wheel.
Thanks for the confirmation; it's interesting to see how MB handles sport packages differently across the globe. Outside the U.S. They are called AMG package rather than sport package and typically comprise of more components than just body bits and/or wheels. Depending on model it can include lowered/stiffer suspension/AMG mats, etc.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 A8
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Stunning car! Congratulations..

Look forward to hear about your real-life fuel consumption. How does it accelerate & drive?
It drives well and the switch over from electric to petrol is unnoticeable. However, i'm having trouble adjusting to the ever changing rolling resistance.
As I approach a slower car in front the rolling resistance is increased and it's difficult to judge when to apply the breaks.

I can't report on consumption at the moment as I haven't driven it enough to get a good average. However, on the few journey when I drive mostly electric the consumption was at 99.9mpg. Shame that the trip computer is capped at 99.9mpg.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 309 Likes on 232 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
She's a dandy!!! Great option selections.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks better than the maybach.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:50 AM

e220 coupe
Hi Nick, My dad is thinking of ordering the s500 plug-in. What is your verdict driving it for a month now?
I cannot clearly see it from the pics you posted, but do you have the AMG exterior pack?
(I am asking as there seems to be the problem with AMG bumpers not fitting for and socket)
Old 03-24-2015, 08:16 AM

2011 A8
Originally Posted by jurgenvael
Hi Nick, My dad is thinking of ordering the s500 plug-in. What is your verdict driving it for a month now?
I cannot clearly see it from the pics you posted, but do you have the AMG exterior pack?
(I am asking as there seems to be the problem with AMG bumpers not fitting for and socket)
Hi,

To be honest I would hold off getting one for the time being. I've had quite a few issues with the car.

First of all the car broke down on the first day and had to go back to Mercedes. I got the car back 3 weeks later and only to find that it wouldn't go into electric mode. Then the car started stalling randomly. It's due to go back again as it needs more work.

All in all I'm very to disappointed. Fortunately I like the idea and the concept of the car and will see how things develop.

Yes the car is amg line and it looks stunning.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:20 AM

e220 coupe
Originally Posted by NickB
Hi,

To be honest I would hold off getting one for the time being. I've had quite a few issues with the car.

First of all the car broke down on the first day and had to go back to Mercedes. I got the car back 3 weeks later and only to find that it wouldn't go into electric mode. Then the car started stalling randomly. It's due to go back again as it needs more work.

All in all I'm very to disappointed. Fortunately I like the idea and the concept of the car and will see how things develop.

Yes the car is amg line and it looks stunning.
Hi Nick, thx for the quick reply. Talked to my dad and mentioned your story. He knows some product managers in Stuttgart and is happy to contact them. I am a little worried of disclosing my email just like that....so I would propose you seek me via Facebook under "Jürgen vael Antwerpen" ....I wear sun glasses on my profile pic. Of course now I am assuming you have a Facebook accoun....