S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Burmester 3D Rear Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Burmester 3D Rear Subwoofer

Wondering if anyone has the size for the subwoofer in the 3D Burmester which is in the boot. Want to replace it with a more powerful subwoofer since the current one isn't that powerful in my opinion.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2023 S580 Selenite
Originally Posted by UrBusted
Wondering if anyone has the size for the subwoofer in the 3D Burmester which is in the boot. Want to replace it with a more powerful subwoofer since the current one isn't that powerful in my opinion.
Had an installer say it looked like a 8 just by looking at the grill. Will probably open it up to take a look see soon. I'm thinking about removing it all together and building an enclosure up against the rear seats. But every time I add subs to a new car, I'm hunting and damping vibrating panels/trim for months and it's getting old.

It sounds like there is one in the front center console, there sure is some low end up there.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S550
Originally Posted by Warehouser
Had an installer say it looked like a 8 just by looking at the grill. Will probably open it up to take a look see soon. I'm thinking about removing it all together and building an enclosure up against the rear seats. But every time I add subs to a new car, I'm hunting and damping vibrating panels/trim for months and it's getting old.

It sounds like there is one in the front center console, there sure is some low end up there.
The S550 uses a pair of Subs in the front firewall under the dash.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W222 S550 Sport
I would be very interested to hear what you all do when replacing the sub. Will you re-power as well? Please post details after your work is complete. I may follow the leader on this one.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Anyone changed the rear subwoofer yet? The subwoofer I was going to use was too "heavy" so yeah.