Instrument Cluster Graphics Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Instrument Cluster Graphics Question

Do you guys ever see a picture of an S Class in the instrument cluster when you guys get in the car? I used to get it, but now when I open the car door, all I get is a stupid "Don't forget your key!" message.

Also, do your chrome rings illuminate before the mileage counter shows up? On mine, it just pops up all at once..

I'm referencing 9:27 in this Youtube video which shows the animations and the S class picture:
Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by amaycg
Do you guys ever see a picture of an S Class in the instrument cluster when you guys get in the car? I used to get it, but now when I open the car door, all I get is a stupid "Don't forget your key!" message.

Also, do your chrome rings illuminate before the mileage counter shows up? On mine, it just pops up all at once..

I'm referencing 9:27 in this Youtube video which shows the animations and the S class picture:
Mercedes-Benz S Class 2014 In depth review Interior Exterior - YouTube

I have the same question you are asking.

Roughly every 30th time I open the door I get the S Class with a different illumination of the rings that you referenced. Most of the time, about 29 out of 30 times--not really sure of the stats, I get the don't forget your key reminder. After about a year of ownership I cannot figure out what triggers the S Class showing up.

Thanks for asking the question.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I have the same question you are asking.

Roughly every 30th time I open the door I get the S Class with a different illumination of the rings that you referenced. Most of the time, about 29 out of 30 times--not really sure of the stats, I get the don't forget your key reminder. After about a year of ownership I cannot figure out what triggers the S Class showing up.

Thanks for asking the question.
Just played around with the car and figured out one way to see the animation.
When you open the car door and get the "don't forget your key" message, sit down in the driver's seat and keep the door open. Don't put the car in any sort of ignition. When the instrument cluster goes out, close the door and suddenly, the rings will illuminate and the S Class icon will show up and flash its headlights as in the animation. When you open the door, the "don't forget your key" animation will show up.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I don't think I've ever seen that animation.