S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Issues 2015 S550 4 MATIC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes SLS GT AMG, 2015 S550 coupe, 2016 AMG GT coupe, 2021/22 Mercedes-Benz G550
2015 S550 4 MATIC

What should I do ? Mb customer service hasn't dalled me back at all then this happened .

TONIGHT WHILE USING DISTRONIC WITH STEER ASSISTANT THE S550 VEERED ON TOO ON COMING TRAFFIC. IM ALL FOR CARS THAT DRIVE THEMSELVES BUT NOW I DONT KNOW PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205669679276962
(There are more links on the bottom of the page to my other videos on 2015 s550)

2015 S550 4 MATIC issues MSRP120k

1-Distronic with steering assist doesn't work and almost killed me tonight !
2- car doesn't recognized key once turned on . Car beeps nonstop while driving. Unable to shut off noise.
3- iPhone6 plus doesn't work with car
4- unable to control my music thru command
5- no apps on command
6- Nav map doesn't go into small area of screen while on different area like radio

That's just some of my issues with my 2015 S550 4 MATIC that I just got a week ago . It was brought to my attention by the guy that explains the car too you . Unfortunately on the Saturday when I got the car they where too back up to help me so I had to go back couple of days later for him to show me how my car works. He showed me what doesn't work !!! Thank you

I have a 2013 sls gt AMG no issues
2014 g550 so many electrical issues been dealing with mb for the past year since I got it and nothing had been done . I've had it with that car and now the parktronic sounds nonstop with no fix on top of the other issues !

2015 S550 4matic - I went for the coupe but the dealer (contemporary motors in little silver nj ) pushed me to
Get S class sedan and the only reason I was going for the s coupe because of the driver assistant package . You see I was just diagnosised with bone cancer and I maybe losing my left arm so to slow down the bone cancer to give me more time to live but I'm dying at the end so as hard as they are trying to give me time it's still going to be the same result ! Anyway so when I lose my arm I would have the safely features to help me drive the car without injurying another driver ! Just because I'm dying doesn't mean I should injury someone else while trying to drive . Its seeming like it's going to be last car I buy , it's funny it's not even the one I really wanted , I've been looking at the s coupe for the past year and now its available !!!! I allowed a dealership to force me into a car I didn't want and they knew about my health issue. The only reason they did that cause they didn't have an s coupe and they wanted to make a sale and I can't blame anyone but myself at the end !!!

So even though I have issues with my 2014 g550 I thought it was a fluke and the S class wouldn't have these issues . But I'm guess im wrong but now im stuck with 2 cars that aren't working and Instead of dealing with growing my business and dealing with my death it's a lot on my plate . I want to leave a Legacy with my company and working hard and now I have to worry about all theses issues with no time for family . I'll shut up now just getting alittle emotional here just been going thru a lot and I'm scared and maybe that is why I'm focusing on Mercedes Benz to have functional cars that I've spent a lot of my hard earned Money on . I'm sorry to bother you all you don't want to hear about me just car issues and I can't blame you I don't even want to hear about me lol
Thank you for listening to my rant !!!

https://www.facebook.com/videotape .php?v=10205660211440272
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205655977694431

Last edited by ElioVentrella; 03-09-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Too many links sorry
Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 SL550
Elio - your health will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,428 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Wish you good health and peace ... Hope you can get your car issues resolved in a timely fashion
Old 03-09-2015, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your car. I hope they all get worked out.

More importantly, I wish you well with your health.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
I hope you continue to stay with Mercedes and these problems are just luck. Haven't had a problem with my S Class that I couldn't sort out myself. Send a message to their head office. I sent an email to Milton Keynes and they happily helped me out. Every time I visit a Sytner garage they give me a free car wash and a few other items. There are some threads on these forums about connecting the iphone 6 to the car and there was a fix. Also, what do you mean you can't control your music through command?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes SLS GT AMG, 2015 S550 coupe, 2016 AMG GT coupe, 2021/22 Mercedes-Benz G550
Originally Posted by UrBusted
I hope you continue to stay with Mercedes and these problems are just luck. Haven't had a problem with my S Class that I couldn't sort out myself. Send a message to their head office. I sent an email to Milton Keynes and they happily helped me out. Every time I visit a Sytner garage they give me a free car wash and a few other items. There are some threads on these forums about connecting the iphone 6 to the car and there was a fix. Also, what do you mean you can't control your music through command?
Well thank you everyone for your well wishes .

So apparently I never had anyone go over the car when I had picked it up because they guy that goes over the car had too many deliveries that day. So they requested me to come back on Tuesday . Which I did so he was going over all the functions . Apparently when he was going over the functions he found that I was missing many sub menus and that I wasn't able to use the iPhone which he went thru it many times to see if it was the phone . I don't know all the issues there were about 8 plus Internet radio wasn't coming up not could be controlled with command.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
Yes, we hope your dealership can resolve any issues with your new car and also help explain its many new features. My understanding is that Steering Assist helps keep you in your lane by monitoring traffic in front of you (my SL only has Distronic, the active cruise control with more limited front sensors). In your video, it looks like you're expecting the car to stay in its lane when no one is driving in front of you and also when oncoming vehicles appear.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about your health.

I am also very interested in autonomous driving and this is the info I know at this point. Also posted on the distronic thread.

They Hyundai genesis is supposed to have a very good system but in this video it also fails like the S class

Which is not what the Official Hyundai commercial demonstrated here.

So I am not sure what level the S550 can steer on its own. Per advertising I would think it should make those curves and follow the road which is well marked.

The Tesla Autopilot system should be able to do these curved moves... It looks like 1-2 mos for this feature to be sent to the cars in software 6.2 or 6.3 so I can report back then since I have one.

"With Autopilot activated, Model S automatically follows the road, steering around curves and varying its speed to match the flow of traffic."

The other car that should have more Autonomous features is the 2017 Audi A8 as posted here.

"Was set for a late 2016 reveal

British media is reporting Audi has decided to postpone the launch of its next-gen A8 flagship model because they want to work more on the autonomous driving technology.
Ingolstadt's range-topping model was supposed to come out towards the end of 2016 but apparently it has been postponed by approximately 12 months as Audi is perfecting the electronic architecture for supporting the semi-autonomous driving technology which has already been confirmed. Autocar says this is only one of the reasons which caused the delay, but more details are not available at this point"

So short term a Tesla Model S may have the feature your looking for. I Will know by the next few months. Long term I think Audi is coming up with great features.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 SL65 AMG, 2019 AMG S63, 2020 GLS580
Distronic w/ Steer Assist

I have not had the same experience as Elio with my steer assist. I find it to be most beneficial when on a long trip on the interstate with gentle curves. It helps a lot with driver fatigue. It is only an "assist" product and will not handle all curves. Hands are suppose to be on the wheel anyway. I do find that it is rather "insensitive" to hands-on-the-wheel as I often get the "red steering wheel" with my hands on the wheel. Worth the money in my opinion.