S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

My new car ordering experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
My new car ordering experience

A few weeks back I ordered my 10th Mercedes (prior Benz's were 3xS, 4xE-wagon, GLK, CLS), a custom spec'd S-class, from a brand new dealership. Easily the best experience ordering any car I've ever had. Sat down at the coffee bar (some spectacular coffee imported from Columbia) with the sales person and worked out the equipment. Nothing crazy; P1 plus I wanted upgraded rims, the driver assistance stuff, 360 cameras, and rear seat heaters (at the insistence of my now adult kids). My wife was at the dealership, but she was off getting a manicure (yes, in the dealership). She shows up, I pick the exterior color and she picks the interior. Agree on price in all of 3 minutes (I did my research in advance, and they made every attempt to be fair right off the bat).

Now having the rear seat heaters without the rear seat package is admittedly an odd combination, so I figured it would be a good 2-3 months to take delivery. Two weeks later they call me to tell me they've located an available car coming into port. I'm scheduled to take delivery in a few weeks. If this is the new Mercedes experience, I'm all in!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 135 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
I do not think having rear seat heaters without the rear seat package is odd at all! More manufacturers need to offer rear heated seats. They should be standard. You shouldn't need to spend a ridiculous amount to get them. I think it's cool you can get them separate now.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by tommyr
A few weeks back I ordered my 10th Mercedes (prior Benz's were 3xS, 4xE-wagon, GLK, CLS), a custom spec'd S-class, from a brand new dealership. Easily the best experience ordering any car I've ever had. Sat down at the coffee bar (some spectacular coffee imported from Columbia) with the sales person and worked out the equipment. Nothing crazy; P1 plus I wanted upgraded rims, the driver assistance stuff, 360 cameras, and rear seat heaters (at the insistence of my now adult kids). My wife was at the dealership, but she was off getting a manicure (yes, in the dealership). She shows up, I pick the exterior color and she picks the interior. Agree on price in all of 3 minutes (I did my research in advance, and they made every attempt to be fair right off the bat).

Now having the rear seat heaters without the rear seat package is admittedly an odd combination, so I figured it would be a good 2-3 months to take delivery. Two weeks later they call me to tell me they've located an available car coming into port. I'm scheduled to take delivery in a few weeks. If this is the new Mercedes experience, I'm all in!

Good to hear you had a great experience. What is the name and location of the dealership? We all like to know where great dealerships are located.

Make sure you post pictures here when you get your new car. Congrats!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 PM

I am located north of Boston. Dealership is Mercedes Benz of Burlington. I will definitely post some photos once I take delivery. Hopefully there will not be snow in the background!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
I am located north of Boston. Dealership is Mercedes Benz of Burlington. I will definitely post some photos once I take delivery. Hopefully there will not be snow in the background!

I believe that is a new dealership owned by the Collection Auto Group out of OH near me in PA. I believe at least one person on this site from NYC purchased a car from their dealership in the Cleveland area called Mercedes Benz of North Olmsted. I believe he had a great experience as well.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 312 Likes on 234 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab

This level of dealer experience should be the norm...not the exception. Especially for buyers purchasing six figure vehicles. Being able to deliver services that exceed customer expectations has become more difficult for MB. If you are a commissioned sales representative what would your preference be. To sell one S Class or four CLA's? This is the downside of brand/product dilution. Although from a sales rep's point of view I would guess the lower priced vehicles represent their bread and butter and the high end models are the frosting on the cake. Oh well, I love my dealer but I know that this is not the norm. Perhaps its ego...or a sense of entitlement at this price point, but expectations are certainly different.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I believe that is a new dealership owned by the Collection Auto Group out of OH near me in PA. I believe at least one person on this site from NYC purchased a car from their dealership in the Cleveland area called Mercedes Benz of North Olmsted. I believe he had a great experience as well.
That would be me. Nothing but praise for the whole operation led by the owner Bernie Moreno who makes himself available to all his customers. I know assistant managers at most dealerships who aren't available to customers and hide behind glass walls.

Happened upon the North Olmsted dealership for what was the rare e63 wagon back in 2011. Haven't bought another new MB from anyone since. 20 deals later, I have never been disappointed. They go above and beyond.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jason B
I do not think having rear seat heaters without the rear seat package is odd at all! More manufacturers need to offer rear heated seats. They should be standard. You shouldn't need to spend a ridiculous amount to get them. I think it's cool you can get them separate now.
Yep, A Hyundai Sonata has rear heated seats. It is already mainstream at that point.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:59 PM

photos of the new car

I took delivery a few weeks ago. As promised, here is a photo.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 312 Likes on 234 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Nice looking ride. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 2015
Congratulations and enjoy your beautiful ride.

Can you share some interior photos?
Old 04-12-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
This is the best deal I have found on an S-class on truecar
My new car ordering experience-vakxyxw.png
My new car ordering experience-8vj1xa1.png
Old 04-14-2016, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz
I highly recommend Mercedes Bnez, especially the Big Boy Toyz in India becouse some years ago i have purchased a used Mercedes Car From This Company. They won't waste your time and will treat you with the utmost Professionalism and I am very satisfied with This Company.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
s550
hey

Originally Posted by benjamin22
I highly recommend Mercedes Bnez, especially the Big Boy Toyz in India becouse some years ago i have purchased a used Mercedes Car From This Company. They won't waste your time and will treat you with the utmost Professionalism and I am very satisfied with This Company.
Ummmm....ok
Nice try with the advertising scheme..lol
Old 04-14-2016, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,099 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
How refreshing to see another non-Sports Pkg. car. Welcome to our very small club.. Very nice!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,099 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by pdeacon
This level of dealer experience should be the norm...not the exception. Especially for buyers purchasing six figure vehicles. Being able to deliver services that exceed customer expectations has become more difficult for MB. If you are a commissioned sales representative what would your preference be. To sell one S Class or four CLA's? This is the downside of brand/product dilution. Although from a sales rep's point of view I would guess the lower priced vehicles represent their bread and butter and the high end models are the frosting on the cake. Oh well, I love my dealer but I know that this is not the norm. Perhaps its ego...or a sense of entitlement at this price point, but expectations are certainly different.
. "Brand/product dilution," well said. Bring in your crummy, little CLA for service and you are loaned a crummy, little C Class. Bring in your $130K+ W222 for service and you are loaned a crummy, little C Class. The MB ownership experience has been greatly diluted at the top end. As the company tries to be everything to everybody, the high end buyer gets lumped in with everyone else and the experience is not what it used to be. Try waiting for your car as it is serviced, with a lounge full of soccer moms and a bunch of screaming kids. I know it won't happen, but I still say that E Class & above should be split off and handled by separate dealerships. Most larger dealers now handle all of the Sprinter & other, smaller commercial vehicles as well. It's like imagining Cadillac dealers back in the '60's also handling Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, Buick and GMC trucks. It's a mess!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche Boxster
Bernie Moreno is a true force of nature. I ordered a 2015 911 turbo from him in 2014. I hated the PDK and decided to keep my Boxster GTS and trade the TT on an Sclass. Mercedes Benz North Olmsted shares a parking lot with Porsche North Olmsted and Bernie couldn't have made the transaction easier or more fair to me.
I think he's up to around 40 dealerships of various makes doing close to $1B in sales, yet he gives out his personal cell # and answers emails himself, usually within 1/2 hour or so. I'm pretty sure he doesn't sleep at all.
We are picking up the new S550 today and taking it straight to the detailer across town, so I won't have it back until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
You can't go wrong with a Bernie Moreno company in my experience.
To the point above MBNO has both Sprinter and Smart as well, but the atmosphere seems very nice (no nail salon, though!).
Old 04-15-2016, 08:01 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by just1time
Ummmm....ok
Nice try with the advertising scheme..lol
bingo!

and look at all the words using capitals......was this copied and pasted too?

LOL
Old 04-15-2016, 08:08 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
Thumbs up

Very handsome car! Drive it in good health!