S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Tire warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4 Matic
Tire warranty

This morning, my 4-month old S550 (about 700 miles on the odometer) issued a warning to check tire pressure and the tire pressure graphic showed the pressure in one of the tires to be 7 p.s.i. I checked the tire pressure with a digital gauge and it was pretty close to what the tire pressure monitoring system was telling me. I could find no obvious punctures in the tire. On the way back from work (I have run-flats), I filled the tire with air to the normal tire pressure and the pressure seemed to hold until I returned home (a short 5-minute drive). I will check in the morning to see if the pressure holds. What is the warranty on tires? I can't seem to find the tire warranty document that came with the car.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by Donald_S
This morning, my 4-month old S550 (about 700 miles on the odometer) issued a warning to check tire pressure and the tire pressure graphic showed the pressure in one of the tires to be 7 p.s.i. I checked the tire pressure with a digital gauge and it was pretty close to what the tire pressure monitoring system was telling me. I could find no obvious punctures in the tire. On the way back from work (I have run-flats), I filled the tire with air to the normal tire pressure and the pressure seemed to hold until I returned home (a short 5-minute drive). I will check in the morning to see if the pressure holds. What is the warranty on tires? I can't seem to find the tire warranty document that came with the car.
If you didn't buy a tire warranty, you'll be covered by the manufacturer if it is a true manufacturing defect. Check their website.

But chances are high that it might be a puncture somewhere, which isn't covered outside of a tire policy.