S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Car replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Car replacement

In my other thread, i have discribed how my 2015 S550 coupe has been in dealership for 1 day after ownership of my car for whining and wind noise.

Long story short, the wind noise is fixed but the whining sound is not. Its been 11 days now and dealer is now waiting for mercedes to give them a go on opening up the entire dash board. I have opened up a case with MB to replace my car.

Has anyone ever had their car replaced here? Or what should i do at this point. Will be going to dealer tomm and talk to the GM.

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:52 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts
As I mentioned previously the longer the car remains at the dealership the better for any potential replacement. I certainly would not welcome having to open/remove my entire dashboard after one day of ownership but you may have to let it play out before anyone will take your request for replacement seriously. If you have an excellent relationship with the dealership and paid a fair price for the car they might step up and help you on their own, but generally they want the factory to help for any buyback which imho won't occur this early on. Not saying getting a replacement this early on can't happen, it's just not likely. Wish you the best on all this as I know how frustrating it can be.

Something else to consider removing dashboards these days isn't quite as daunting as it used to be as they're often removed as one complete unit.

Last edited by RJC; 10-16-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
I've removed part of the dashboard, but on a sedan. The only part I'm not sure about is the trim, which I still need to fix into position correctly. If they can do it, I doubt that there would be any problems unless your dealership haven't done this sort of work before.