S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Newbie questions s550 please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2015 | 10:32 PM

2016 s550 White/Nut Brown
Newbie questions s550 please

I have a couple of questions after watching some cheese MB videos and reading the manual as much as I can tolerate...

1) How do you get the nav lady to never talk? I just want the directions displayed turn by turn without voice? I can't find that setting

2) I figured out how to send an addy to my car from google maps on my laptop. But where do I look for it in the actual car to activate navigation to that addy?

3) Is there a way to get a longer massage than 15min?

4) Is it worth doing the voice recognition training? It seems to be understanding me ok.

TY!
Old 10-31-2015 | 01:20 AM

2007 CL550
For your first two questions--
You can turn down the volume for the navigation announcements by adjusting it while an announcement is in progress.

To receive the navigation information from Google maps, the step your are missing is to "I" Mbrace information button car to initiate a call to Mbrace. Immediately after MBrace answers the call, you will see a display where you can chose to receive the navigation information. You can end the MBrace call as soon as hour vehicle receives the navigation information.
Old 10-31-2015 | 03:30 AM

Thanks so much. I will try the MBrace button. I didn't do that.

As for the nav announcements, we drove 100 miles each way today using the nav system as a guide. I muted the lady right away and that worked but EVERY time there was a traffic update, she came on repeatedly to tell me about some road block or accident, etc. None of which ironically came to fruition by the time we got to the place she warned us about. I kept having to mute each notice individually.

How do I turn off the speaking voice permanently forever and ever? There must be a way (I hope)...
Old 11-01-2015 | 01:35 AM

So I called and no nav system menu came up. Sigh. I guess I need to call again? Or call the dealer for more advice?
Old 11-01-2015 | 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by kath00
So I called and no nav system menu came up. Sigh. I guess I need to call again? Or call the dealer for more advice?

I have cut and pasted the directions directly from MBrace's webpage once you sign on into Mercedes Me (US version) and select Manage My MBrace account.

I use the my Iphone and the MBrace app (which is linked to Send2Benz) to send addresses and POIs directly to my car. Once I start the car the addresses automatically pop up in the screen. I have not used Google Maps but the directions are below.

Send2Benz Website

Use the Send2Benz website to remotely send addresses, contacts and POIs to your vehicle using your smartphone or computer.

Google(TM) MapSearch & Send ™

Plan your trip in advance by sending destination or POI information to your vehicle using Google Maps ™.
  • Visit Google Maps and search for your desired destination.
  • Send the destination to your vehicle via the "Send" link in the location options.
  • You'll be required to provide the email address associated with your mbrace account.
  • Once in your vehicle, press the i-Button to download the route information to your navigation system.
Old 11-02-2015 | 07:23 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
how cool would it be too have celebrity voices on the command? there are so many voice over's these days: cartoons/movies etc......that would be awesome.........to bad Rodney Dangerfield passed away as he'd be my first choice