Radio presets and up / down a channel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Radio presets and up / down a channel?

Hey all, question about the radio:

I know how to switch the dial from preset to tuning but is there some way to use one button for presets up and down and then the dial for up and down a channel? In my othe cars I have a preset button and then an up down channel on the back of the steering wheel. There are times I would like to change the channel around a preset but don't want to store the preset

Thanks,

Neil
Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts
2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
I am not sure that I am clear on your question... but...

You can switch from Pre Sets to FM, AM or Satalite. On FM or AM it seeks to the next radio stations it can find, It is like the "Seek" feature in old radios. On Sat id just goes up and down.

Honestly I forget how to store a preset. I think I could figure it out if I was in the car. I think you tune a radio and hold down on the Comand wheel and then move the wheel to the number where you want to store the saved station.

I agree it would be nice to go from Preset to Sat to FM to Am without the Comand interface but I would hate to have that many extra buttons.

AS i think about it I bet that you can do it with voice command. Try that.. I will try thins weekend. (I walk to work)

good luck
Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 AM

GL450
Sorry I was typing on my iPad late last night and might not have been so clear. I know how to switch between Preset and Tuning on the Dial. I would like to use the Dial to move up and down a channel - but I would like something else (it would be great to move the dial left and right rather than turn) to move to the next preset. It seems like you have to go in command system to change the function of the dial.

What is the limit of preset storage on these radios?

Thanks,

Neil
Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 AM

GL450
Since no one knows this, is there a hotline or phone number for tech support at Mercedes? I don't think anyone at my dealership would have any idea?

Thanks,

Neil
Old 02-01-2016, 07:59 AM

So I drove my car over the weekend. I experimented. If you press the talk button on the steering wheel you can say, FM, AM, Sirius, And the radio will go to the different bands.

I didn't remember until I was almost home test this. I don't know what the command is to go to your presets but I'm sure there must be a command.

There are various places where you can press the talk button and say help and they will give you the available commands. There are submenus in some of these help topics so you may have to click on one to filter down.

You can also use the talk button to go to a specific radio station or satellite radio station.

Sometimes the talk button doesn't work the first time and you have to go through it again but sooner or later it learns your voice.

As for calling Mercedes… I've written about this before it used to be that when you called roadside assistance a mechanic picked up your phone call and answered your question now it's a customer service person and they refer you to a towing company who comes and goes your car to the dealership or changes your tire if that's possible. I can imagine there's any phone number that you can call to walk you through how to use the radio.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
MY16 VCS manual...
Attached Thumbnails Radio presets and up / down a channel?-capture.jpg   Radio presets and up / down a channel?-capture2.jpg  
Old 02-05-2016, 09:28 AM

Just to add to Koninstiger added, I found that you can press the talk button for: AM, FM, satellite and your presets. However I think it's almost faster to just use the wheel.