S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

S63 remote controls stopped working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 W222
S63 remote controls stopped working

S63 W222... The both remote controls for entertainment system simply stopped working... It was ok till today... I tried to change batteries, reset COMAND... Nothing helps ((( I push any button- small lamp on remote begins flashing, then stops and nothing more happens... is there any trick to solve it myself, or I should bring it to dealer?
If someone knows this issue, please, help
Old 03-28-2016, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 217 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by leonkiller
S63 W222... The both remote controls for entertainment system simply stopped working... It was ok till today... I tried to change batteries, reset COMAND... Nothing helps ((( I push any button- small lamp on remote begins flashing, then stops and nothing more happens... is there any trick to solve it myself, or I should bring it to dealer?
If someone knows this issue, please, help

This may not be it but just to make sure--do you have the switch on the remote to either the right or left screen? Or to change the COMAND unit in the front you can select COMAND. Or do you have it selected to Split View on the controller? Like I said, this may not be it, but just ruling this out since this is an easy fix.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:04 PM

S63 W222
Originally Posted by MTrauman
This may not be it but just to make sure--do you have the switch on the remote to either the right or left screen? Or to change the COMAND unit in the front you can select COMAND. Or do you have it selected to Split View on the controller? Like I said, this may not be it, but just ruling this out since this is an easy fix.
Thank you for response and trying to help! Yes, I have four options on the switch - rear right, rear left, split and COMAND... None of them works ((( I tried them all... Of course, if I'm setting COMAND I expect COMAND to respond the remote, if I set rear right I expect rear right screen to respond etc I know how it should work, but it doesn't (
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM

S63 W222
So, I brought my car to a dealer and they fixed the remotes. The problem was simply in software- remotes just "untied" from comand, they re-programmed them, now everything is working just fine