S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Switching tach and speedo on S Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 S550
Switching tach and speedo on S Class

Pardon if this has been discussed as I couldn't search. A MB dealer told me the two digital gauges could be reprogrammed to swap positions but I've not seen any info about this. Since I didn't buy the car from the dealer I'm delaying taking it to him until future but wondering if there is an option. Dave
Old 05-11-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Never heard or seen this, and highly doubt it, although it may be true after messing around with a Star System. To change the screen to AMG or Brabus or whatever isn't just messing around on star, but having to buy completely new screens. I'd assume if this exists, it'd be the same thing.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
I was told this is just a software change option by one dealer, but they don't do that. Then someone mentioned it was strictly a hardware issue, where you just need to swap out the control units. It would be nice to have the AMG cluster screen and on the HUD. I would pay to have that programmed. How to I get my hands on a STAR System? And is that all I need? I have a BMW and you can go crazy coding that thing. Why is Mercedes so locked down? Or is it really not and I'm just in the wrong forum?
Old 09-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by italiano
I was told this is just a software change option by one dealer, but they don't do that. Then someone mentioned it was strictly a hardware issue, where you just need to swap out the control units. It would be nice to have the AMG cluster screen and on the HUD. I would pay to have that programmed. How to I get my hands on a STAR System? And is that all I need? I have a BMW and you can go crazy coding that thing. Why is Mercedes so locked down? Or is it really not and I'm just in the wrong forum?
For the AMG Cluster, I've been told that you need to buy the screen froms the AMG. You can buy a Brabus one for about 2000 dollars. I haven't pursued this in depth so it may be incorrect information.