S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Canada - Comand Online

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Canada - Comand Online

Being in Canada I know we get the short end of the stick for a lot of the cool features, but having had the new car for a day now.... one thing is bugging me

Is my only option to access the internet via the car, by connecting my cellphone via bluetooth, and enabling shared internet on the phone?

That seems so round about, why don't they just offer an internet service like Tesla does for their car?

Not to mention maybe I don't want my phone paired to the car, but am forced to now just to use the internet.

I jumped through the above hoops and got it working (it's slow as molasses to do anything it seems), and can't get it to load any of the webpages I use... I assume it can only load the most simple of webpages?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
S550LWB 4matic
I'm curious about this as well. Guy at my dealer said they are negotiating with the cell companies to get the cars properly connected but have not done the deal yet. Hopefully in the future.......
Old 06-05-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Something Tesla (and a few other companies) have done well in my opinion.

Always on connectivity inside the car, no need to fiddle with blutooth connections or tethering your phone to the car just to get internet access

MB has done great things with technology, like the night vision camera, or all LED lighting system, but they fail big time when it comes to the internet side of things
Old 06-05-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
S550LWB 4matic
Yea, seems crazy MB is not all over that. I think people are just going to expect it from all the manufactures, it's curious that MB is not leading the way. I feel tesla is pushing other car companies in a good way. Kinda forcing everyone into modern tech times faster than the pace that they going on their own.

Originally Posted by Sappo569
Something Tesla (and a few other companies) have done well in my opinion.

Always on connectivity inside the car, no need to fiddle with blutooth connections or tethering your phone to the car just to get internet access

MB has done great things with technology, like the night vision camera, or all LED lighting system, but they fail big time when it comes to the internet side of things