S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Looking to order a custom interior S Class--Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A white one.
Looking to order a custom interior S Class--Need Help!

LovinMercedes' posts have been great...lots of good information.

I'm in Sacramento but would order from anywhere if the car is delivered here. Looking to get car at Invoice plus any incentives from MB (Conquest dollars, Bonus Cash, etc)

First off, looking to "designo" a new 2017 S Class.

Questions:

1. I want to do do either the Platinum White seating or Porcelain interior. I would like the Dynamica headliner, and White or Porcelain carpeting as well. And I would like to see how it works (The designo site doesn't show the S Class anymore?)

2. Would like the Black piping on the seating

3. Would like Black Poplar trim--not one of the Designo Trim(s)

4. Would like the Ski Bag (Euro option code 282)

5. Would like the semi-aniline leather package, in the "Designo" style

6. Niceties such as @lovinmercedes steering wheel change would be NICE, but I don't know if this is necessary at this point

7. Would want to change out the Run-Flats for regular tires with flat fixing kit.

Thoughts/help?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by jedpeters
LovinMercedes' posts have been great...lots of good information.

I'm in Sacramento but would order from anywhere if the car is delivered here. Looking to get car at Invoice plus any incentives from MB (Conquest dollars, Bonus Cash, etc)

First off, looking to "designo" a new 2017 S Class.

Questions:

1. I want to do do either the Platinum White seating or Porcelain interior. I would like the Dynamica headliner, and White or Porcelain carpeting as well. And I would like to see how it works (The designo site doesn't show the S Class anymore?)

2. Would like the Black piping on the seating

3. Would like Black Poplar trim--not one of the Designo Trim(s)

4. Would like the Ski Bag (Euro option code 282)

5. Would like the semi-aniline leather package, in the "Designo" style

6. Niceties such as @lovinmercedes steering wheel change would be NICE, but I don't know if this is necessary at this point

7. Would want to change out the Run-Flats for regular tires with flat fixing kit.

Thoughts/help?

Lovin is probably one of the best resources on this site for what you are about to undertake. I would send him a private message to ask him what ever details you would want to know since he has done this recently and more than once.

If I recall from my own investigation there is a $2500 custom order charge and your custom interior would be $12,100. Once you do a custom order and pay the $2500, it then can make sense to do other items like the steering wheel Lovin did and the S600 grille on the S550.

Your first step is to go to a dealer and they will essentially refer you to MBUSA corporate to work details on the custom order.

One piece of advice--negotiate your price on the front end. If I recall Lovin had a bad experience with the dealer on doing an about face on price at time of delivery. I also think it might be hard to drive a great deal like you indicated (invoice is essentially 7% off the MSRP) on a custom order that has to be "worked" through MBUSA but Lovin is the expert here. Dealers know if you are willing/able to pay all this extra money for a custom order, they are not as willing to work on price. This maybe different if you have worked with one dealer for many years but watch out for the sharks!

As far as the runflats, that is a dealer issue at delivery as Daimler/MB on the manufacturing side will not change runflats to normal tires on the manufacturing side.

And be ready for the delays--if you read Lovin's stuff, you know what I am talking about.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I also think it might be hard to drive a great deal like you indicated (invoice is essentially 7% off the MSRP) on a custom order that has to be "worked" through MBUSA but Lovin is the expert here. Dealers know if you are willing/able to pay all this extra money for a custom order, they are not as willing to work on price.
You're willing to spend an extra 20-30k on custom charges, so you should be able to understand why the dealer isn't going to give you the aggressive discount

I'd expect most dealers would sit at MSRP maybe 3% off just to make it feel better, let us know what you find
Old 06-14-2016, 04:39 PM

A white one.
Originally Posted by jenz
You're willing to spend an extra 20-30k on custom charges, so you should be able to understand why the dealer isn't going to give you the aggressive discount

I'd expect most dealers would sit at MSRP maybe 3% off just to make it feel better, let us know what you find
The quote I got from MB Sac was what I stated....but they don't have much experience with custom ordering?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
This one comes with matching leather boots:

Attached Thumbnails Looking to order a custom interior S Class--Need Help!-s550.jpg  

Last edited by Jason B; 06-14-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM

A white one.
Originally Posted by Jason B
This one comes with matching leather boots:
Wouldn't mind more pics of what's in the boots!