S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Can I play the rear DVD on speakers, or is only possible through headphones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 S500e
Can I play the rear DVD on speakers, or is only possible through headphones?

We're heading off on a trip in a couple of days, and I'm going to be driving my parents in their S550e which has the rear seat entertainment system installed because he opted to get the massage functionality for the rear seats.

I just checked, and they've got current TV series that they're watching on DVD and it plays in the car when I insert the DVD in the rear central CD slot but I don't get any sound put through the speakers. I know there are headphones supplied, but it would be preferable if the sounds could be played through the car's speakers.

Is this possible?
Old 11-17-2016, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by blueW220
We're heading off on a trip in a couple of days, and I'm going to be driving my parents in their S550e which has the rear seat entertainment system installed because he opted to get the massage functionality for the rear seats.

I just checked, and they've got current TV series that they're watching on DVD and it plays in the car when I insert the DVD in the rear central CD slot but I don't get any sound put through the speakers. I know there are headphones supplied, but it would be preferable if the sounds could be played through the car's speakers.

Is this possible?
Yes you can. I don't remember where to choose from, but yes and it sounds great. If I have a chance tomorrow, Ill confirm how I did it and post.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 S500e
Nice Ride: I figured it out will I took the car to work today. I will also check on the exact instructions and report back if I can.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 s550 sport, 2017 e300 sport
Push the media button. Then push down on the Comand wheel controller to bring up the menu. Then select "sound" then turn the wheel until select speaker source appears. Choose the screen rear left or right which the movie is playing o and you should be set.
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (11-18-2016)