S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Disable “KEY NOT DETECTED” alarm / chime ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 Maybach S560
Disable “KEY NOT DETECTED” alarm / chime ?

is anyone familiar if there is a way to disable the audible chime that sounds with the KEY NOT DETECTED alert telltale on the instrument display?

(Our chauffeurs keep the key fob in their pocket and this annoying chime sounds until the chauffeur gets to the rear door and opens it. ..very unpleasant for our passenger clientele.)
Old 10-14-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by ChesapeakeLimo
is anyone familiar if there is a way to disable the audible chime that sounds with the KEY NOT DETECTED alert telltale on the instrument display?

(Our chauffeurs keep the key fob in their pocket and this annoying chime sounds until the chauffeur gets to the rear door and opens it. ..very unpleasant for our passenger clientele.)
Life is rough. I bet the people in Puerto Rico would love to have this problem.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 524 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by ChesapeakeLimo

I'd say just leave the key on the drivers floor or something. I don't think there is a way of disabling the chime when the key not detected message comes up. Might try pressing ok on the steering wheel because that does acknowledge certain functions, but I doubt it will do anything for that chime.