S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Can I name my car's Bluetooth connection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2017 | 07:52 AM

2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
Can I name my car's Bluetooth connection?

Happy holidays to all! I drive three different Mercedes cars and I connect with my iPhone to all of them through Bluetooth. Sometimes I have a little hick up and I have to connect manually because they don't automatically connect. When I want to pick which Bluetooth connection I want they are all named the same for all three Mercedes cars. Also sometimes I rent a Mercedes from Hertz and they also are called the same thing. Now when I click on my phone to pick which connection I want to connect to there are six choices and they're all titled/named/described to same way as MB Bluetooth.

Is there a way for me to name my car so that when I looked at my telephones Bluetooth options it would say the year and model because I named my car that way?

Thanks

phil
Old 12-26-2017 | 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by e55phil
Happy holidays to all! I drive three different Mercedes cars and I connect with my iPhone to all of them through Bluetooth. Sometimes I have a little hick up and I have to connect manually because they don't automatically connect. When I want to pick which Bluetooth connection I want they are all named the same for all three Mercedes cars. Also sometimes I rent a Mercedes from Hertz and they also are called the same thing. Now when I click on my phone to pick which connection I want to connect to there are six choices and they're all titled/named/described to same way as MB Bluetooth.

Is there a way for me to name my car so that when I looked at my telephones Bluetooth options it would say the year and model because I named my car that way?

Thanks

phil
Don't think you can or at least I haven't seen a setting. Newer models at least use a unique number after the name, something like MB Bluetooth 12345.