S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

RoadSide and Runflats Grade F AAA Grade A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 06:39 AM

Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
RoadSide and Runflats Grade F AAA Grade A

Last night I left my 100 year old mother's home (She owns a e55) in Pennsylvania at 7 pm to drive back to NYC. I hit a pot hole and my front right tire went flat.at about 7:30.

I called RoadSide and told them I Was between exit 277 and 284 and the nice your lady could not fine me. I told her the name of the the town at exit 284 and that at 277 was the PA Turnpike Extension. I gave he my mile marker.

With all this information it took her 30 minuits for her to find our location. I was amazed. She told us we were out of her reagon 37 miles from the dealer, and that she had to refer us.

So a subcontractor calls us and they have a hard time finding us as well. This women was not even polite. In the end she found us and told us that we will get a call back in 30 minutes that was at 8:10. At 8:55, 40 minutes later no call! So at 8:55 I call AAA. They find me and by 9:30 my tire is changed.

I removed the runflats and I keep a 221 emergency tire in my trunk. Now I will keep a jack as well in the trunk. It is my fault for assuming Roadside can help change the tire. IF you ask me they are nincompoops. AAA is much better.

That is my report. I went back to my Mom's and now I will have coffee with her so every cloud has a silver lining.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by e55phil
Last night I left my 100 year old mother's home (She owns a e55) in Pennsylvania at 7 pm to drive back to NYC. I hit a pot hole and my front right tire went flat.at about 7:30.

I called RoadSide and told them I Was between exit 277 and 284 and the nice your lady could not fine me. I told her the name of the the town at exit 284 and that at 277 was the PA Turnpike Extension. I gave he my mile marker.

With all this information it took her 30 minuits for her to find our location. I was amazed. She told us we were out of her reagon 37 miles from the dealer, and that she had to refer us.

So a subcontractor calls us and they have a hard time finding us as well. This women was not even polite. In the end she found us and told us that we will get a call back in 30 minutes that was at 8:10. At 8:55, 40 minutes later no call! So at 8:55 I call AAA. They find me and by 9:30 my tire is changed.

I removed the runflats and I keep a 221 emergency tire in my trunk. Now I will keep a jack as well in the trunk. It is my fault for assuming Roadside can help change the tire. IF you ask me they are nincompoops. AAA is much better.

That is my report. I went back to my Mom's and now I will have coffee with her so every cloud has a silver lining.
I had a good experience today with MB roadside assistance. I hit a pot hole at the PA/OH line on the PA turnpike. It ripped a hole in the side wall to the extent that I could put my hole fist through the side wall. I drove 40 miles at 45 mph on the runflat. I am now a believer in runflats. Here is a picture.