S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Cell Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 s560 4matic
Cell Phone Mount

Curious about those of you who use a cell phone mount in the w222, what kind of mount you use, and where you have it located. In my last car, I used an air vent mount. But in the w222 (or any new MB for that matter), because of the round shape of the vents and the way the turn left and right, using an air vent mount means the phone swings left or right when you turn. At one point, I had a windshield suction mount on the far left bottom corner of the windshield, which seemed to be a decent option. I also tried an adhesive mount right next to the clock in the center. The last was the best option, but I was using a magnetic mount. I no longer use a magnetic mount, because it doesn't allow for wireless charging. 75% of the time, in my new s560 I put the phone in the center console so that it can charge while I'm driving (and I forget to take it out at least 90% of the time), which is fine, but I really like using Waze on longer trips, so I need an option other than sit my phone on my leg or in the cup holder.

So I'm curious on what you guys and gals are using. Picture are appreciated as well. Cheers!
Old 03-14-2018, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
I'm using this magnetic mount in all my cars :
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-14-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
I use the Spigen magnetic vent mount and love it. I bought one for all the family cars and tucked on in my travel kit for rental cars.

Amazon Amazon

i have it on the 3rd center console mount and use a flush lighter USB power port and 8” lightening charger cable. This allows me to keep the ashtray closed with about 4” of cable sticking out that simply plugs into the phone each time i put it on the charger. I use Waze frequently and find this to be my best all around solution.