S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2016 CD Player - which CD-Rs are acceptable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018 | 12:07 PM

2016 S550 4 Matic Sport, 2015 BMW 528xi, 2012 BMW 528xi (gone), 2011 BMW Z4 (Yellow - gone)
2016 CD Player - which CD-Rs are acceptable?

hi - don't laugh - i know - CD - next i'll ask about 8 tracks!
the car has it, so i want to jam in some of my CDs. i know, it's faster if i copy to mp3 and then just upload - i may end up doing that.
i scheduled a service appointment for my CPO as my CDs were jamming, not playing, etc. - and i think i read somewhere the benzs are picky with CDs. i brought a store bought CD and it played fine (didn't like it anyway, so was willing to risk my S550 bear trap of a CD changer).
anyway, if anyone has suggestions on which burned CDs would work i'd appreciate it. if the thing is not working properly i'd bring it in for warranty work - but if it's working as expected i'll let it go...
btw, until i got it to play an original CD today, it would only load a disc, and then basically jam, not behave, etc. - whether a disc was in there or not - and then after i'd shut the car and try again later it would briefly behave. again, not sure if that's typical MB behavior, or my bettlejuice CD changer.
thanks!