S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2015 S550 - Idling + gears 2, and 3 rough

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S550
2015 S550 - Idling + gears 2, and 3 rough

So after my most recent service bulletin fix on my rear axel (noise dampeners put on the rear axle), I started noticing that my car has been idling rough from the moment I turn it on, and every time I press the gas pedal in gears 2, 3, the engine sounds a bit strained like that of a pick up truck. I've brought this to my service advisors attention, but the techs say this is normal car noise. But I am certain that my car didn't used to sound this way. I even drove the car with one of the senior service guys in the passenger seat. Not sure what else to do at this point?

Also sometimes when I start my car I get a little battery icon with this message right under it "Start Engine See Operator's Manual".

Last edited by cheapbrass; 04-08-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 485 Likes on 337 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by cheapbrass
So after my most recent service bulletin fix on my rear axel (noise dampeners put on the rear axle), I started noticing that my car has been idling rough from the moment I turn it on, and every time I press the gas pedal in gears 2, 3, the engine sounds a bit strained like that of a pick up truck. I've brought this to my service advisors attention, but the techs say this is normal car noise. But I am certain that my car didn't used to sound this way. I even drove the car with one of the senior service guys in the passenger seat. Not sure what else to do at this point?

Also sometimes when I start my car I get a little battery icon with this message right under it "Start Engine See Operator's Manual".
I think I would consider taking it to a better MB service dept. and get another opinion.