2018 S Class CarPlay Quick Access Tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
2018 S Class CarPlay Quick Access Tips

Hi Guys,
I don't have any...hoping some of you have found a simple way to jump easily in and out of CarPlay when you need to access a MB app and then want to return to CarPlay.
For me, it's always a burdensome effort...I'm glad the car has some minimal AD capability - seems I'm staring at the screen and poking control knobs for way too long to be safe...
Maybe there is a series of voice commands that can accomplish this? Anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2018, 01:01 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by HSCLA
Hi Guys,
I don't have any...hoping some of you have found a simple way to jump easily in and out of CarPlay when you need to access a MB app and then want to return to CarPlay.
For me, it's always a burdensome effort...I'm glad the car has some minimal AD capability - seems I'm staring at the screen and poking control knobs for way too long to be safe...
Maybe there is a series of voice commands that can accomplish this? Anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks
I guess after all that you decided to keep it and drive it? If it were me, I would have gotten rid of it the moment MBZ corporate decided it was a non-issue. And, never bought another MBZ product again. But, that’s just me.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
Originally Posted by Socalsteve

I guess after all that you decided to keep it and drive it? If it were me, I would have gotten rid of it the moment MBZ corporate decided it was a non-issue. And, never bought another MBZ product again. But, that’s just me.
ya know....lord knows I’ve blown a lot of money on Ferrari’s, lambos and other toys over the years... but for some reason, I just didn’t feel like swallowing the $28,000 hit to dump this 560. Don’t know why...I can tell you the odds that I’ll take advantage of that $10,000 coupon that MB gave me on the purchase of my next MB are low...very low. No 14th MB for me.
I have found that turning up the volume on the fancy 3D sound system eliminates my perception of the noise entering the cabin.
And I hardly drive it. Coming up on 4 mos. since delivery and showing about 650 miles.
Car looks nice...there’s that....
Old 05-01-2018, 03:21 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by HSCLA

ya know....lord knows I’ve blown a lot of money on Ferrari’s, lambos and other toys over the years... but for some reason, I just didn’t feel like swallowing the $28,000 hit to dump this 560. Don’t know why...I can tell you the odds that I’ll take advantage of that $10,000 coupon that MB gave me on the purchase of my next MB are low...very low. No 14th MB for me.
I have found that turning up the volume on the fancy 3D sound system eliminates my perception of the noise entering the cabin.
And I hardly drive it. Coming up on 4 mos. since delivery and showing about 650 miles.
Car looks nice...there’s that....
‘Feels like you are going to be spending a great deal more money over the next few years on a car that does not make you happy. For me, every time I got in the car and had to turn up the volume just to drown out loud exterior noises, I’d be so pissed off. I once owned a 911 that had a horrible creaking noise that no dealership could get rid off...I sold it and bought one that didn’t creak. But that’s just me.