S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

S560 Android Auto + 4G "features" + thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:26 PM

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 S560 4Matic Anth Blue
S560 Android Auto + 4G "features" + thoughts

Since I've had my S560 all of 3 days, I've been experimenting in the driveway with some of the more hidden features. So far, it seems the web connection isn't much better than previous versions and I get various error messages about low memory. The Android Auto is interesting though. Unless I misunderstand, it can only connect directly via cable and not bluetooth. I love that Waze is now available on the main screen, but it is smaller than the built-in nav with a seemingly unnecessary and large Android Auto Icon to the left of it. Full screen would be much better. It does work, but isn't as graphically impressive as the MB Nav, which is highly improved over the older (2015) version. It would be nice if I could figure out if Waze could run in the background for audio only alerts while using the MB Nav. Certainly better than not having it at all and I may not have full understanding of its uses and features. The menu system of this car is massive and the driveway is the place to sit and learn for a while. And the new wide angle backup camera is very impressive with high res display and coverage that really makes you feel good that you are seeing it all as you back out.

I mostly share Streamliner's list of likes/dislikes except I don't miss the CD at all. Memory card is better in almost every way. I was surprised at the 20" runflats - my original plan was to dump them despite the $1270 rim upcharge, but they ride very well with acceptable noise levels compared to my old Turanza's. I bought the 5yr premium tire/rim pkg to help long term so my concerns about expensive pot hole visits are only an inconvenience and not a cost. I'm sure the good deal I got was mitigated by my add-on of tire/rim/ext warrant/pre-paid maint. pkg., but I'm content and have great peace of mind. Just some early thoughts on this impressive and beautiful vehicle.

Last edited by flint350; 05-23-2018 at 08:35 PM.