Creaking drivers seat-back/active bolster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
Creaking drivers seat-back/active bolster

2015 S550 4MATIC, 46k miles, CPO

Car has the active bolsters. When the right bolster on the drivers seat engaged and you leaned into it a little bit it would make a plastic creaking sound.
Took it to the dealer and they replaced the frame rails and some other pieces. Seems to have fixed the problem, however they said the repair was "not covered under warranty"...🙄. They didn't charge me though and said they covered everything under "goodwill", bs if you ask me but I won't complain.
I believe this should be used as precedence for any one else having this issue. The dealership is Mercedes Benz of Wichita, Walser. I would use them as a reference if you experience the same problem and your dealership gives you trouble.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by sushistrip
2015 S550 4MATIC, 46k miles, CPO

Car has the active bolsters. When the right bolster on the drivers seat engaged and you leaned into it a little bit it would make a plastic creaking sound.
Took it to the dealer and they replaced the frame rails and some other pieces. Seems to have fixed the problem, however they said the repair was "not covered under warranty"...🙄. They didn't charge me though and said they covered everything under "goodwill", bs if you ask me but I won't complain.
I believe this should be used as precedence for any one else having this issue. The dealership is Mercedes Benz of Wichita, Walser. I would use them as a reference if you experience the same problem and your dealership gives you trouble.
One negative comment.... Once you use your Good Will adjustment, you have no more left..... Pray nothing else pops up that will require a Good Will adjustment....