S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

S550/560 and S63 Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
63 Falcon vert
S550/560 and S63 Owners

I think I understand the horsepower and construction differences, which are significant and outclass the driving skills of most owners including mine. That said and having not owned an S63, what is the draw to the S63?

Both cars will get you all the tickets you don't want. Is there a ride quality difference? Major interior differences?

The big S63 brakes appeal to me a lot! But does ABS/tires neutralize surplus brake power? Can ABS be turned off?

I get the King of the Hill claim and respect that view 100%......been there/am there!

My DD is an S550. I picked MB for its engineering, performance and safety features. Just never pursued the S63.

Hoping to get educated and all comments welcome.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:01 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63
I had a 2018 S63 loaded unfortunately I had to get rid of mine do to problems. Regardless of that, for me it’s not just the power but it’s also the handling, the sound, interior changes, exterior changes ect. Where I live we have some areas with short off ramps so that’s really the only area I can hit it. However, the roads by me are pretty wooded and curvy so it’s a lot of fun back there and it just holds the road much better. The sound of the exhaust alone I love. The tougher front and rear end. Its sporty but still has a luxury interior. But the selling point for me is truly having a giant limo like car that can handle pretty good for its size. After owing 2 amg’s a S63 and currently a GLS 63 I couldn’t imagine not having one.
The following users liked this post:
Donnymac (11-25-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
63 Falcon vert
Originally Posted by Delta5275
I had a 2018 S63 loaded unfortunately I had to get rid of mine do to problems. Regardless of that, for me it’s not just the power but it’s also the handling, the sound, interior changes, exterior changes ect. Where I live we have some areas with short off ramps so that’s really the only area I can hit it. However, the roads by me are pretty wooded and curvy so it’s a lot of fun back there and it just holds the road much better. The sound of the exhaust alone I love. The tougher front and rear end. Its sporty but still has a luxury interior. But the selling point for me is truly having a giant limo like car that can handle pretty good for its size. After owing 2 amg’s a S63 and currently a GLS 63 I couldn’t imagine not having one.
Cant argue with anything you said. All makes sense to me/ I guess I need to test one out.

Thanks