Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti Q50
beginner would like help!

good evening. this site keeps crashing.

i will keep it short

I always thought of an S series sedan. pretty recent year.

dumb questions:

1. do you think I should get a certified pre owned from a MB dealer? I am afraid to buy from a private party.

2. anything to look out for?

3. any great private mechanics north of Boston, mass.???

I got a ride in a recent S550. OUTSTANDING!!!!
4. should I buy an extended warranty>

I DO know 2 good mechanics, do not know if they know Mercedes.
I am definitely willing to learn, I want ANY advice.

THANK YOU,
and best regards,

Bob

Old 12-20-2019, 06:49 PM

Received 536 Likes on 293 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
I were to sell my 16 Maybach i would sell it privately. You take a look at it and you would drop your jaw when you see the miles (70000) because the car is like brand new and it keeps winning awards at car shows. I also do all the maintenance on the car and have records of the work.

DONT diss private sales. There are people out there that love their cars and take care of them impeccably!

Last edited by Katie22; 12-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 615 Likes on 405 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
1. do you think I should get a certified pre owned from a MB dealer? I am afraid to buy from a private party:
  • MB dealer buys cars from private parties, so it might be the same car after all. You can buy from private party as long as you get the car inspected by an experienced mechanic/shop (usually u can get it inspected for $50-100 (depends on high many inspection points you want to check). Buying from a MB dealer doesn't mean the car is perfect or free of any problems, but the 60 day warranty is a plus when u buy from MB dealer.

2. anything to look out for?
  • As I mentioned above, get the car inspected by an experienced mechanic/shop
4. should I buy an extended warranty?
  • Short answer: No!. Long answer: if the car is not CPO, do not buy an extended warranty as 85% of the time insurance companies make money (meaning cost of warranty is more than maintenance benefits you get). If you want a piece of mind if u r worried that statistically u might be in the 15% "unlucky" group then buy the extended warranty and be ready to pay a minimum of $2.5, average of $3.5K and up to 6K depending in warranty coverage and length.
I DO know 2 good mechanics, do not know if they know Mercedes
  • Don't fix your car at any location that doesn't have experience with MB cars!. go to dealership for simple things (like filter, spark plug, belts, etc) "u pay more but not 10x more, but go for a mechanic shop for major things (if you want to save money and avoid MB "stealership"!) and buy your parts by yourself, although it's very unlickely that you'll need any major problems with this car (assuming it does NOT have $100+ miles already on it)!.
GOOD LUCK MAN! go for it and get the BEST OR NOTHING car!