I guess I'll have to take a trip to the dealer, No internet in car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 654 Likes on 512 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I guess I'll have to take a trip to the dealer, No internet in car

Wanted to get Internet radio in my 2017 S550 and pushed the I button in the car to order it and the Security package too. I figured why not, if the car is stolen they can track it and also notify you if the alarm is set off plus they will remote open the doors for you if the keys are locked in the car. I can stream tune in and I heart radio over my cell phone but at least in my 2015 S550 that I use to own it just the sound system just sounded so much better using the built in internet radio plus didn't end up using as much data on my phone, so figured for 18 a month not a bad deal for me. Well after I ordered those services I lost the internet connection in my car and now nothing internet related will work. Been on the phone with Benz Customer support quite a few times and they have tried beaming new signals to my car but all communication has been lost. I figure it might have something to do with the older 2017 software in my car and maybe the person who owned the car before me never had these services. So I guess at this point the dealer loading new software onto the system is my only hope. Who else has had this happen and if so was the dealer able to correct the issue and how long did it take? Looking forward to get everything working again.