S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

No Audio From COMAND During Vehicle Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 09:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
W212 E550
No Audio From COMAND During Vehicle Start

I have a 2019 S450 and about once a week on average (sometimes twice in a day) I start my car and I have no audio from any sources (Sirius, FM, AM, HD, Bluetooth). Back up camera video does not show on the display either. I figured out how to perform a reset of the COMAND system (which I’m sure I’m doing wrong since it normally takes more than one try to reset), but this for sure isn’t normal. This car was purchased new last July and I had the first occurrence of this issue about a month into ownership. I did not reset the system. I didn’t know how. I figured the issue would correct itself and it did upon starting the car the next time. It happened again shortly afterwards and I really screwed things up and did a factory reset of the COMAND system which required a dealership visit to fix. I’m planning another dealership visit to have the issue addressed because this isn’t normal and a big inconvenience when I get into the vehicle and can’t make a phone call or listen to music. Any info on this would be great.