How to get to the Sirius weather screen in command on a 2017 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 524 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
How to get to the Sirius weather screen in command on a 2017 S550

The other day I managed to pull up a really cool weather screen on my 2017 S550 when I was playing around command trying to get internet to work. Never did get internet to work but somehow, now I cant seem to replicate it, came up with a weather screen with maps and forecast for different areas. I don't believe it was internet or app related as I've never been able to get that to work in my 2017 but I was on screen which had other functions where you rotate the jog and rotates to other functions. I tried hitting media twice and it is not there, only different inputs. I hit Radio twice and not there either, just Sat Radio, over the air radio and internet radio listing. Finally hit NAV twice and not there either. But I know it was listed on something that looks similar to where you rotate the jog and different screens pop up. I really don't think it was under apps although I know there is weather screen under apps but I have never been able to get the app screen open on this car due to internet not working and it was definatley a Sirius Weather screen, it said Sirius. My Sirius is active.. I do show the small weather screen on the left side of my main screen as I have that set as the additional area and that works fine. Question is how do I get back to the big Sirius Weather screen which I definitely had displayed a couple days ago. It was a very cool screen, you could zoom out and it showed the earth. Again I do know it was not under apps as I cant load that screen. I even tried hitting the phone button twice but that just brings up things like contacts. Hopefully somebody reading this has used or is using this screen for their weather. It is not dependent on using the internet as most people don't pay the extra for that option and in the 2017's for the most part does not work depending on your area and cell phone service.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 524 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Mystery Solved, found this youtube video.
Must hit the phone button on the center console 4 times, no wonder I could not figure it out, must have the Sirius travel app subscription which in the case of my certified car is good for 3 months, so one more month left and then I'll look into getting the service as I do like this feature plus the Sirius traffic feature that ties in with the NAV. Not real crazy about the Sirius Radio as it does not sound very good, would much rather listen to CD's stored in my music register, another advantage to the 2017 vs the 2018, no CD carousal in the 2018 plus cars and I like transferring CD's to the 10.7 gig music register, plus the ability to play DVD music videos or movies while sitting waiting in the car. Thought about a VIM module that plugs into the obd 2 module. Looks like the guy who sells though is in Israel and it's over a month wait time. Thought about ordering one. Sounds like a simple re programming of the Command and once it's done it's done and can have Video in motion. I may pull the radio to access the Video inputs to tie those in with a USB adapter to get TV video through my phone to the command, I'll only go to this trouble though if I end up getting the VIM. Anyone else have VIM?

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 03-01-2020 at 02:36 AM.