S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Keyless go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 03:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 GLE 450 & 2020 GLC 63S
Update from a few posts up: took the car into the dealer who simply updated the software. Problem solved.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM

Received 177 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Updated software huh? Interesting...

My Keyless Go stopped working a few months ago. Xentry says it's fine, but no.
I can touch the handle to lock/unlock, but push the Go button and zero, nadda, nothing.
I pulled the module out and soldered the pins, which apparently is the problem with some. Nothing... Next stop, I guess, is buy a new Go button, then a new module?

Never had issues with the Keyless Go with the Aux batt was dead, or removed. Only time I had an issue was when the main batt was dead, but even at 9V it still worked. When it didn't work on the door the batt was ~4V.

When I bought a second key the dealer tech came out to the car and verified the key worked, then verified the metal key worked in all holes.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:15 AM

Received 123 Likes on 72 Posts
'20 s560; '15 targa4s; '24 cayenne
hey! been having intermittent troubles with the exteriour locking/unlocking (door handles) and more and more having a problem starting the car getting a warning that says, (something like) "key not recognised, place in the indicated space" ,,, left me with he inability to start the cars on more than several uncomfortable situations (including at a funeral when i needed to move the car to make space for the hearse in front of the church ... but the hearse occupant wasn't in a rush anyway - HA!). i finally got smart and grabbed the other, 2nd key - and no probs whatsoever! ergo, there must be a problem with the first key. yesterday, i took the car to the dealer to get my snow tyres removed and the all-seasons put back on so i mentioned the problem to the service writer. he analysed the key and found that it failed several tests. and replaced the key under warranty (he needed two forms of identification to prove it was my car, my key; we used my operator's licence and my state registration card). i attach an image of that part of the invoice for you to see what he did and the part numbers and whatnot ... just fyi in case you're having a similar issue. [btw - my 222 continues to be brill in *all* respects save for this little key issue ... and after reading all the nightmare stories over in the 223 forum - i'm never trading my 222 ... which i would have done by now in normal times if benzo still offered quality products!] safe travels, my virtual friends!