Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by SW20S
LOL, yep thats what it is.

I'm 39 lol

At the end of the day, if you're happy with the car thats what matters, but people who say smaller diameter wheels improve the ride aren't wrong. You can say that you're happy with the ride and that any marginal improvement wouldn't be worth the tradeoff to you in looks, and thats certainly valid. Saying that there is no benefit in ride to smaller diameter wheels however just isn't accurate.

I like the looks of the car better on 20s.But, after driving the car on 20s and on 19s, the style benefit of the 20s isn't worth the tradeoff in ride quality so I went with the 19s. I wouldn't however go to 18s...

If you put the same tires on your car on 19s it will ride softer. On 18s it will ride softer still. Thats a fact.
Find the balance Daniel-san. I bet I have a more compliant ride on 20's with the Generals than guys running 18's with RFT's. And it looks a helluva lot better, corners better, and has a quieter ride than those.

I was actually pretty surprised that the 20's with Generals have a more compliant and much quieter ride than my 19's with Nokian WGR4 all-weathers.

BTW, the advanced age crowd I was referring to was Streamliner and his ilk who insist on running 18's.