S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2007 s550 base won't move in any gear!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 s550
2007 s550 base won't move in any gear!!!!!

Hello everyone I am new to this forum as well as being a new Mercedes Benz owner. I recently purchased a 2007 mercedes benz s550 used. Not long after I purchased the car actually after I drove it home and parked it the next day I got in the car to take it out and a message popped up on the dash saying esp and abs is unavailable. I turned the car of and turned it back on again and it went away. Put the car in drive and drove off with no problems. This has happened a couple of more times and I found that putting the car in neutral and letting the car roll a little would make the light go away and car would drive normal. One day when I parked the car with the car still on the car was moving on the gps screen and my mileage was actually going up with the car in park. So I did some research and found that wheel speed sensors can cause this problem sometimes. Ordered all four new wheel speed sensors but before I could change them driving the car one day I kind of got on it to pull out in traffic and the car felt like it got sideways in the rear and the transmission like automatically downshifted itself and slowed down the car. After that I made it maybe a block and the transmission just stopped pulling as if the car was in neutral. I pulled over and tried turning the car off and back on but no luck. Now the car seems to be stuck in neutral even though the gear selector is moving the indicator on the dash. Only gear that seems to work correctly is park. I had the car towed home on a roll back and changed all four wheel speed sensors when I received them. The car is still doing the same thing. It wont move. Any help greatly appreciated as I am new to owning a Mercedes.Put the car on an autel scanner and came up with a c103, 1709 and 2805 fault codes. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 984 Likes on 720 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Thread should be moved to this forum https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/
The following users liked this post:
ZaneR (05-18-2021)