S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Very Unhappy Mercedes Customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2021 | 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by biggking
First off without insulting those who have already spoken I will say this much, don't listen to clowns who are telling you that you are being unreasonable. This is a brand new car covered under warranty and with this specific supply issue the dealership has shown their true colors. Customer service is hard to come by these days and you shouldn't settle for anything but the best service. Even if others in this thread have settled for less.

I just spoke with a buddy of mine that is a senior service writer for the auto group that owns the top selling MB dealership in the USA.

I mentioned your issue with the Active Brake/Lane Keep assist part that is not available and that you were getting the cold shoulder from your dealership. He laughed and said find another place to service your car. He said you should also take the time to call MB corporate offices and file a complaint. When I asked why, he said they are having the same issue at their dealership and are being accommodating to ALL customers. He specifically has a vehicle that they are servicing at the moment and the park sensor module is unavailable at the moment (on back order). This is a warranty repair, brand new vehicle (similar to your situation). The customer has been in a loaner since June 2021 while they are waiting for the part (that's 4 months or 120+ days). They still don't know when the part will arrive (ETA keep getting pushed back) and they've let the customer drive a loaner car up until now and will allow them to continue to drive the loaner until the part arrives and the repair is completed.

Like I said, don't fall for these guys who claim the item is "not a safety issue" malarky. They wouldn't know good customer service if it slapped them upside the head. Call MB corporate was the advice I was given.

To others in the thread: Do you need your park sensors to drive the car safely?

[In before you guys say something about margins or taking a loss or do you think the dealership should lose money on your repair. LOL.]

Although I would agree with others in the thread about not being able to take a part off another vehicle. I wouldn't expect my dealership to do that at all. Too much legal liability issues.
I imagine your "buddy" works for Fletcher-Jones in Fremont. Those guys are so big that they are always the first to get brand new models and MB always keeps them stocked to the hilt with new cars. So they likely aren't even feeling the pinch of what COVID has done to the chip market and likely have hundreds of loaner cars available to customers who need them for long periods of time. The OP is in Canada and hasn't stated what dealer he's been working with. Most dealers in the US that aren't megastores like Fletcher-Jones have car shortages right now. I imagine it's probably even worse in Canada.

So before you go spouting off with your "malarky" about poor customer service at the dealership because they don't have oodles of cars available for long periods of time for something that is not a drivability issue at all and insulting members of this forum who aren't driving a 17 year old E-class but instead contribute to the forum about the cars they actually own, perhaps you should just shut your pie hole and let the adults handle it. I'm sure the kids in the W211 forum appreciate your quips and sage advice about those models, but it really isn't necessary over here.
The following users liked this post:
SW20S (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021 | 10:04 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by DaveW68
I imagine your "buddy" works for Fletcher-Jones in Fremont. Those guys are so big that they are always the first to get brand new models and MB always keeps them stocked to the hilt with new cars. So they likely aren't even feeling the pinch of what COVID has done to the chip market and likely have hundreds of loaner cars available to customers who need them for long periods of time. The OP is in Canada and hasn't stated what dealer he's been working with. Most dealers in the US that aren't megastores like Fletcher-Jones have car shortages right now. I imagine it's probably even worse in Canada.

So before you go spouting off with your "malarky" about poor customer service at the dealership because they don't have oodles of cars available for long periods of time for something that is not a drivability issue at all and insulting members of this forum who aren't driving a 17 year old E-class but instead contribute to the forum about the cars they actually own, perhaps you should just shut your pie hole and let the adults handle it. I'm sure the kids in the W211 forum appreciate your quips and sage advice about those models, but it really isn't necessary over here.
Old 10-01-2021 | 11:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Wolfman
At least Mercedes has loaners left unlike some other brands that have switched to rental cars...
Switching dealers should be no problem unless this is a corporate store (since this is in Canada). The MBUSA route will not work but I would contact the MB Canada. Not sure how or if there are lemon laws there; that usually provides some leverage for such a low-cost repair.

For whatever reason I thought Active Brake is based on radar based. Maybe they can disable the active lane assist, which is a useful feature to some and an annoying one to others. A good number of people turn off active lane assist as it is too invasive for them.
We have something similar yet completely different (inferior actually) called: Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan
https://www.camvap.ca/

In Canada, most MB dealerships use rental cars too from Enterprise, there is an Enterprise booth inside the dealership too.
Old 10-01-2021 | 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by DaveW68

SW20S and Dave, please refer to the gif above.

Entdoc, you are right to be upset. The global supply issue is not your fault. Neither are you responsible for fixing the problems or making apologies for a huge corporation. Apparently there are plenty of shills around for that. They sold you a faulty product and you need to be compensated one way or another.

In terms of having accomplished something for driving a W222...I get pizza deliveries from upscale cars constantly, including W222s...so congrats I guess? Also, honestly most people think you drive a Hyundai, because of the similar style...though if you were, you'd be riding in a more reliable car.

The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021 | 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Well look at all of the "entitled" non-S Class guys dropping by to toss some insults and zero productive comments to the thread.
Old 10-01-2021 | 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
And they interrupted my pizza delivery route with that post...I'll never get the pizza there in 30 minutes now.

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Entdoc, you are right to be upset. The global supply issue is not your fault. Neither are you responsible for fixing the problems or making apologies for a huge corporation. Apparently there are plenty of shills around for that. They sold you a faulty product and you need to be compensated one way or another.
You clearly missed the numerous times in my posts where I recommended he seek some sort of compensation, as did others. Of course he has a right to be upset, nobody said otherwise.

You will learn as you become successful in life (which you will, keep plugging away at it) that the most valuable things in the world are your energy, focus and time. Assuming that "Entdoc" means he's an Ear Nose & Throat Doctor he is a very busy and well compensated professional. Using his energy and focus and time to try and make Mercedes do something that they physically cannot do (make this part appear) or something they're just never going to do (take a part off a used car or give him a loaner for an open ended period of time) is a huge waste, and it only damages him not Mercedes or the dealer. Even fighting with them for some compensation, when you're making $500+ an hour how much energy are you going to devote to trying to get them to give you something worth no more than a couple hours of your time?

Just move on and if you feel strongly about it, don't be a customer of Mercedes again. Bigger things to worry about.

Last edited by SW20S; 10-01-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2021 | 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
Originally Posted by megacrazy
In terms of having accomplished something for driving a W222...I get pizza deliveries from upscale cars constantly, including W222s...so congrats I guess? Also, honestly most people think you drive a Hyundai, because of the similar style...though if you were, you'd be riding in a more reliable car.
Please take some pictures of a late-model S class delivering pizza. Would love to make a meme out of it!

Also, what do you get by criticizing the W222 on this forum? Does it make you feel good? We certainly don’t go on your sub-forum to talk about its issues.

I chuckled about your reliability comment. The W222 is exceptionally reliable. My W211 AMG was not.

Last edited by cfmistry; 10-02-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2021 | 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by cfmistry
Also, what do you get by criticizing the W222 on this forum? Does it make you feel good? I assure you most of us had W211s (myself included) when they were newer and we certainly don’t go on your forum to talk about their issues.
Don't feed the troll lol