Magic Sky Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 03:18 PM

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
S560
Magic Sky Control

What's up MBWorld!

So I finally got my s560 delivered from Keyes in CA and it came delivered with the passenger window not working, too much oil message and a runny magic sky control sunroof. Has anyone seen this or have it happen to them and know why? They had no explanation. I've included some pics but thank goodness it's a CPO because they ordered a replacement sunroof.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 490 Likes on 341 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
What year model is it? How many miles on it? How many previous owners? I've never seen so many complaints from a W222. Not saying you're wrong, but what's the story behind this car?
Old 11-20-2021, 08:12 AM

S560
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
What year model is it? How many miles on it? How many previous owners? I've never seen so many complaints from a W222. Not saying you're wrong, but what's the story behind this car?
2018 S560 CPO 21k miles
1 owner
Passenger window was software update. Oil, it had too much in it and now I don't get the message. The only concern was the magic sky. Other than that, the car is amazing. The dealer I bought it from obviously could have fixed the window during CPO but that dealer is another story.

Just trying to see if this has happened to anyone else.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 392 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
CPO means nothing in my mind. I purchased a 2018 E400 Cabrio for my wife last year from an MB dealer in Wilsonville, OR that advertised the car as CPO. 30 miles into the trip home she picked up a nail, took it to a tire shop nearby and they fixed the leak but told us that 3 of the 4 tires were shot. Took it to another dealer when we got back to Seattle and they replaced the 3 bad tires and told me that they ran it back through CPO. 6 months later the service light comes on for the next service. Took it to my local dealer in Bellevue and they tell me the car needs an oil change as it looks like it has not been done in a long time per the cars computer. I think at most dealers CPO means they ran it through the car wash and slap some extra warranty time on the car. I would assume nothing has been done and have an independent shop do a complete inspection as well as an oil change.
The following 2 users liked this post by superpop:
Lanzz (11-21-2021), MBS63AMG (11-20-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 03:43 PM

S560
Originally Posted by superpop
CPO means nothing in my mind. I purchased a 2018 E400 Cabrio for my wife last year from an MB dealer in Wilsonville, OR that advertised the car as CPO. 30 miles into the trip home she picked up a nail, took it to a tire shop nearby and they fixed the leak but told us that 3 of the 4 tires were shot. Took it to another dealer when we got back to Seattle and they replaced the 3 bad tires and told me that they ran it back through CPO. 6 months later the service light comes on for the next service. Took it to my local dealer in Bellevue and they tell me the car needs an oil change as it looks like it has not been done in a long time per the cars computer. I think at most dealers CPO means they ran it through the car wash and slap some extra warranty time on the car. I would assume nothing has been done and have an independent shop do a complete inspection as well as an oil change.
Sheesh that's crazy. I purschased it out of state but made sure to do my homework and got all of the service records and cpo checklist for the vehicle. They replaced all 4 tires, oil change, etc when they got the car in as a trade. The oil and software update for the window no biggie but the magic sky is concerning because if this happens again out of warranty, it's probably very expensive.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:33 PM
Veteran: Air Force

Received 206 Likes on 169 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by Robb92914
Sheesh that's crazy. I purschased it out of state but made sure to do my homework and got all of the service records and cpo checklist for the vehicle. They replaced all 4 tires, oil change, etc when they got the car in as a trade. The oil and software update for the window no biggie but the magic sky is concerning because if this happens again out of warranty, it's probably very expensive.
If they repair/replace a part I thought i have read that MBZ then warranties that part for an additional period.
The following users liked this post:
Robb92914 (12-10-2021)