S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Air Balance Package installation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2022 | 04:15 PM

W222
Air Balance Package installation?

I noticed there are such kits for sale: https://mercteil.com/mercedes-benz-a...retrofit-9wW29

Does it mean it is possible to add Air Balance Package to the car that was ordered without it, basically so that the feature works exactly the same way as the factory one, including adding the fragrance intensity and air ionization functions into the computer menu?
Thank you!
Old 05-20-2022 | 05:30 AM

S350d
I believe yes , I looked at this previously. In order to get it onto the in car menu and recognised it needs a bit of programming through the Mercedes tool. I have seen a retrofit video somewhere also , it involved removing the panel where the clock is on the dash in order to connect pipes.
The following users liked this post:
SviFi (05-20-2022)
Old 09-12-2024 | 08:26 AM

CLA 180 Progressive Luxury Line
Old 09-12-2024 | 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Yes, it should be an easy process. I am in the middle of going through all of that for my GLS. You will also need to activate the function of the air balance and have that coded either by your dealer, local shop or any remote coder.

The link for the items u shared is not OEM by the way… I assume they are chinese aftermarket and same for the controller just like some of those that I came across. I found the OEM complete kit directly from forum vendor @EleBest including OEM brand new controller and wiring kit… and he can also code it remotely once the kit is wired/installed.

Good luck to (I guess to me too as I haven’t started yet) with the process.

Update: actually it seems that the link u shared is for an OEM kit. Make sure it has the wiring/cables/harness though, that’s the only thing I see missing. There is also a wiring or part for the ionizer that’s I couldn’t spot in the link u sent.

Last edited by S_W222; 09-12-2024 at 12:30 PM.