S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

short tick noise when lift foot from the brake and short steering wheel movement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s350d
strange noise when lift foot from the brake and short steering wheel movement

Hello guys

I have a 2018 facelift w222 s350d and I have a problem with some strange noise and I really can't fix.

The problem is that there is a noise like some ball joint (pivot, or nut) at the wheel articulation has a small tear.
Exact simptoms:
- Note that only when it is pretty warm outside (over 25 grades Celsius) and the engine is warm, the noise is present, otherwise, no. So if the weather is cold but the engine is warm, the noise doesn't exist.
- The noise is present when I lift foot from the brake after a normal stop, and when I make very small movement of the steering wheel.
- (only when engine warm and warm outside) If you stay near the front left wheel and the the little movement of the steering wheel, you can hear the noise but when you are under the car you can't tell where is the problem.

I thought it is very simple to fix. I go to the service, lift the car to see what was the part with problem, replace and that's all.
Well.. no. The guy from the service told me there is no part with problem, everything is perfect. I was at 3 services plus the dealership but everyone told me the same.

It is very very annoying and I really can't fix it.

Any ideea?

Last edited by bogdanm22; 11-13-2022 at 12:48 PM.