PedalBox+ Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 352 Likes on 215 Posts
15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
PedalBox+ Review

Over the long weekend I got to enjoy some time with my car; it’s been a while since I could say that. I ordered a couple things for the “big body Benz” and my first review is for the PedalBox+.

For those that don’t know, the PedalBox is a throttle modulator just like a SprintBooster or PedalCommander. It does not add any power or tuning to the vehicle. Essentially, it remaps the pedal to “trick” it into thinking it’s further down than it actually is.

The result is exactly what you’d expect - much more sensitive and exiting throttle pedal. Many would think this is a silly modification since it adds no power. Well let me tell you over the years I have installed air intakes, full exhausts, and nitrous kits in my cars. This is the real deal - it makes a bit change in daily driving like those other modifications. The car feels peppy and sporty now which it did not before. I was hoping it would get rid of the “heavy” feeling of the S class but it doesn’t quite do that. Let’s see if the Weistec tune helps in that department.

Anyways install took me about 1.5 hrs because of how I routed everything; could be as fast as 15 minutes if you wanted. The PedalBox+ has Bluetooth support so you can control everything from the app and hide the controller, even more than I did.

TLDR; haven’t had any other throttle modulators to compare it to, but this is a big change to the car. Highly recommended for <$300. It isn’t for people looking to brag; it simply makes the car more fun to drive.

Old 11-26-2022, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,752 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
I added the Pedal Commander to my Lexus LS460L, very similar. Big difference.
The following users liked this post:
cfmistry (11-28-2022)