S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Phone falling in and out on the Recievr end

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 03:36 PM

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Phone falling in and out on the Recievr end

When making a call while driving or not driving (sitting in car), the persoon on the other end of the call hears me fade in and out.

I can hear the other person on the car speakers just fine, it's the person(s) on the other end that have the fade in and out of me talking.

IF just using the Iphone for calling, they hear me just fine. No fade in and out. 'Just using the IPHONE means the car is not involved in any way.

I had a front windshield replaced about a year ago. Could this be an installation problem with the windshield? Used Safelite. Had a CL windshield replaced a few years ago and no phone problems then. Same Safelite people.

Removed the IPHONE from the car and paired it again severl time. Not a fix. I suspect the ??? speakers you talk into might ge the problem, although I tried both the passenger and driver speakers near the sun shades and to no good effect.

Also noticed when using voice command to navigate, it sometimes takes serverl time for it to recognize where I want to go. Like 'Navigate to Timbucktoo'...It will ask me to repeat or say something like 'where do you want to go'? Hmmm, must be the transmitters/speakers I speak into/ Right???
Old 02-23-2023, 08:05 PM

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Sounds like there's a problem with your microphone. It might have gotten damaged or maybe you have things stored near the sun visor covering the microphone or something.