SPONSOR

Received 842 Likes on 653 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM

The real Bentley thing for Mercedes is available here

https://autohq.com/c-22-sheepskin-floor-mats.aspx

Old 05-30-2023, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 714 Likes on 462 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Hmmm can that be counted as false advertising? Or deception by Luxe?
Yeah, am not sure if I want to go all that way and say it's false advertising, but honestly speaking, from the Sample vs Finished Product that I shared, something just doesn't make sense (but people are free to make their conclusion from here). I purchased the set and was expecting same exact look/touch of the sample...

I won't say that am going to return them (they are still just a tiny bit better than OEM, and at least they are the dark color too), but I was expecting something similar to the samples they sent me, and that's where the disappointment is.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,650 Likes on 2,254 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by S_W222
Yeah, am not sure if I want to go all that way and say it's false advertising, but honestly speaking, from the Sample vs Finished Product that I shared, something just doesn't make sense (but people are free to make their conclusion from here). I purchased the set and was expecting same exact look/touch of the sample...

I won't say that am going to return them (they are still just a tiny bit better than OEM, and at least they are the dark color too), but I was expecting something similar to the samples they sent me, and that's where the disappointment is.
Did the sample state something along the lines as "actual product may be different" like for example buying a meal it always looks better than the actual product, there is a fineprint like "Images are for illustration purposes"

I mean, from my understanding, a sample is a well... sample of a product, something that you try and see to decide if the product suits your wants and needs. If the actual product is different than the trial/tester then it is deception that is just my opinion though. Imagine for those in a market sampling a perfume or cologne and then what you actually buy smells different, then what is the point. Just my opinion though.

Old 05-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

If you think it is worth your time, I would contact Luxe and tell them this is not what you ordered and although you don't have to return it if you don't want to, hopefully they compensate you? Especially given you said the actual material is also different too.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,789 Likes on 1,786 Posts
2024 S580
I think they look great...totally happy with mine...I wouldn't call them a tiny bit better than OEM at all, they are dramatically better. The OEM mats have almost no pile and these are 4-5 times thicker...

The samples look like residential carpet, I think the goal of the samples were just to show you the color...
Old 05-31-2023, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by SW20S
I think they look great...totally happy with mine...I wouldn't call them a tiny bit better than OEM at all, they are dramatically better. The OEM mats have almost no pile and these are 4-5 times thicker...

The samples look like residential carpet, I think the goal of the samples were just to show you the color...
No, the goal of the samples was to show me Luxe vs Ultimate mats (thickness of blades, density as well as the the foam layer under the fabric). I can easily see the difference between Luxe and Ultimate but both samples had an exaggerated luxurious thickness and richness that does not represent the finished product. This is 100% inappropriate and deceiving marketing approach. The only reason I got the samples is to see the difference. An honest approach would have been to take a real cut from the finished product! Even for color, the design of the samples does not represent the finished product color because the blades/fabric length is different!. Am not sure about OEM mats though but mine came with the semi-aniline upgraded leather with designo mats that comes with semi-aniline interior and they were really good in a way that Luxe is not that superior to them but just simply slightly better. The photo of samples vs finished product speaks for itself.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
No, the goal of the samples was to show me Luxe vs Ultimate mats (thickness of blades, density as well as the the foam layer under the fabric). I can easily see the difference between Luxe and Ultimate but both samples had an exaggerated luxurious thickness and richness that does not represent the finished product. This is 100% inappropriate and deceiving marketing approach. The only reason I got the samples is to see the difference. An honest approach would have been to take a real cut from the finished product! Even for color, the design of the samples does not represent the finished product color because the blades/fabric length is different!. Am not sure about OEM mats though but mine came with the semi-aniline upgraded leather with designo mats that comes with semi-aniline interior and they were really good in a way that Luxe is not that superior to them but just simply slightly better. The photo of samples vs finished product speaks for itself.
I think you are overthinking this. The Luxe mats are the thickest, nicest car mats I have ever seen. Even if they aren't as great as the sample might lead you to believe, they are still really excellent mats. I am pretty sure the mats are the same regardless of the interior option...but they are dramatically better than the OEM mats that came with my car, which are some of the crummiest OEM mats I have ever had. I will take some pictures of them side by side when I get home. Maybe yours does have nicer mats from the factory than mine, I dont know.

On top of that, from a cost perspective they aren't any more expensive than the OEM mats...its not like you're paying way more than the OEM mats.

I actually just sprayed mine down last night with cleaner and rubbed them down with a MF towel and I commented to myself how thick and really nice they are...
The following users liked this post:
S_W222 (05-31-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think you are overthinking this. The Luxe mats are the thickest, nicest car mats I have ever seen. Even if they aren't as great as the sample might lead you to believe, they are still really excellent mats. I am pretty sure the mats are the same regardless of the interior option...but they are dramatically better than the OEM mats that came with my car, which are some of the crummiest OEM mats I have ever had. I will take some pictures of them side by side when I get home. Maybe yours does have nicer mats from the factory than mine, I dont know.

On top of that, from a cost perspective they aren't any more expensive than the OEM mats...its not like you're paying way more than the OEM mats.

I actually just sprayed mine down last night with cleaner and rubbed them down with a MF towel and I commented to myself how thick and really nice they are...
The Luxe are 100% proportional in quality to the price they are being sold for, that I 100% agree with, which is the only reason am not too worried about the samples being much nicer/luxurious than the finished product (I just think it is an unfortunate oversight and misrepresentation on their end "sample must match the finished product instead of being 2X thicker/deeper/etc.). However, again, for the price paid I agree that the product is still a good buy which is why am not returning them.

As for your question/note about OEM mats I have, ]they appear as a separate line or added option on the build sheet of the vehicle, they are labeled as Designo, they are for sure much thicker than the mats that came with my previous W222 which had Exclusive Nappa I believe, versus this one which has the higher tier "Semi-aniline". The ones I have might be the same ones that come with the Maybach since the semi-aniline interior is more popular on Maybach's builds, but am not 100% sure about that "just a hypothesis". Am just confident that the OEM I have in my current S560/facelift are more premium that those that came with my previous S550 pre-facelift. I'll try to take a photo when am around.

Update: I just checked one of the manuals for Maybach which has more detail, and it's true that when the vehicle is optione with the "designo Exclusive semi-aniline leather features" it also comes with a different mats than Nappa interior, which are labeld as " designo velour floor mats with designo badge" --> Same is true for S560, and those are the OEM ones I have with the designo Exclusive semi-aniline leather.

Last edited by S_W222; 05-31-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Thats certainly possible, my guess is a set of those would be $450 or so from the dealer!
Old 05-31-2023, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thats certainly possible, my guess is a set of those would be $450 or so from the dealer!
Yes, in fact they are sold for exactly $450 nowadays via 3rd party vendors, likely more through the vendor just like the build sheet. I just added an update to my comment (copied below).
I just checked one of the manuals for Maybach which has more detail, and it's true that when the vehicle is optione with the "designo Exclusive semi-aniline leather features" it also comes with a different mats than Nappa interior, which are labeld as " designo velour floor mats with designo badge" --> Same is true for S560, and those are the OEM ones I have with the designo Exclusive semi-aniline leather.
I do like them, but again, they have a light color and I can't keep them always 100% clean like I can do for the seats.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you think it is worth your time, I would contact Luxe and tell them this is not what you ordered and although you don't have to return it if you don't want to, hopefully they compensate you? Especially given you said the actual material is also different too.
Update: I took your advise and sent them the photos. They agreed (without saying it out-loud) that the samples are of different quality from the finished product. They offered a refund discount due to the disappointment I have, but I made it clear that I still like the mats but the issue I have is not price or discount but that I had hopped their samples would be a true cut from the finished product instead of a better/nicer sample.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Update: I took your advise and sent them the photos. They agreed (without saying it out-loud) that the samples are of different quality from the finished product. They offered a refund discount due to the disappointment I have, but I made it clear that I still like the mats but the issue I have is not price or discount but that I had hopped their samples would be a true cut from the finished product instead of a better/nicer sample.
Not sure what more you want them to do...
Old 06-17-2023, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not sure what more you want them to do...
It’s right there in my post already (in the future, to send samples that truly represent that actual quality and finish of the finished product instead of a better/superior quality samples). The finished product is already good enough. Though I honestly was expecting something that matches the samples and still want something similar to that (which they obviously don’t sell).
Old 06-17-2023, 08:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

I see I am glad to hear that you got some compensation from their false advertising and misleading.
Old 06-17-2023, 08:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

It’s right there in my post already (in the future, to send samples that truly represent that actual quality and finish of the finished product instead of a better/superior quality samples). The finished product is already good enough. Though I honestly was expecting something that matches the samples and still want something similar to that (which they obviously don’t sell).
Exactly.
Old 06-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Even if the price is reasonable for the product you get, they shouldn't had claimed that it is even better than it is with that sample.

My main issue is the sample mismatching the final product, even in the case of a product still being better than the competitors at this price point, they should just provide samples of what the final products is. As for the debate on false advertising/misleading or not I just don't think it is the right thing for a company to do what they have done with the sample.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly.
Even if the price is reasonable for the product you get, they shouldn't had claimed that it is even better than it is with that sample.

My main issue is the sample mismatching the final product, even in the case of a product still being better than the competitors at this price point, they should just provide samples of what the final products is. As for the debate on false advertising/misleading or not I just don't think it is the right thing for a company to do what they have done with the sample.
Agreed. The issue I had with all of that was the fact it was a deceiving practice by a very reputable business. I’d have to believe it was just an overlook and note completely intentional, but there is no way non of them noticed that the samples are made on a different machine or different settings than the finished product. I just hope they’ll fix that in the future (their clients would appreciate that better). I actually would love to buy the finished product in a quality and finish similar to that of the samples. They were much much better than the finished product (see the photos in my original post). I’ve considered asking them if they’d offer the finished product in a similar finish to that of the samples but I didn’t.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Personally, I don't think this is deceiving, To me I would just conclude that was a sample to show me color and nothing more, I bet you get the same carpet swatches regardless of which mat you are buying (ultimat, luxe mat etc), the purpose is to show you the color. I don't even remember what the samples I received looked like relative to the product I received, and my goal for the samples was just for color. They have a diagram on their site of how thick the pile is of their mats, and the sample is obviously thicker than that diagram and obviously a different more household type of carpet. I don't think most people would find issue with this the way you did.

Is the carpet pile depth not 1/2 inch?

Don't mean to be personal, but you seem easily offended by someone you do business with and hold a grudge on principal...they offered you money back, I think you should put the soap box away and just move on. They make nice floormats, its not a life or death thing. As someone who is in a service oriented business that type of "I can't be satisfied and you wronged me" attitude is really annoying...

Last edited by SW20S; 06-18-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:36 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,409 Likes on 2,852 Posts
2012 CLS63
Personally, I don't think this is deceiving, To me I would just conclude that was a sample to show me color and nothing more, I bet you get the same carpet swatches regardless of which mat you are buying (ultimat, luxe mat etc), the purpose is to show you the color. I don't even remember what the samples I received looked like relative to the product I received, and my goal for the samples was just for color. They have a diagram on their site of how thick the pile is of their mats, and the sample is obviously thicker than that diagram and obviously a different more household type of carpet. I don't think most people would find issue with this the way you did.

Is the carpet pile depth not 1/2 inch?

Don't mean to be personal, but you seem easily offended by someone you do business with and hold a grudge on principal...they offered you money back, I think you should put the soap box away and just move on. They make nice floormats, its not a life or death thing. As someone who is in a service oriented business that type of "I can't be satisfied and you wronged me" attitude is really annoying...
Yeah, something is def annoying
Old 06-19-2023, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is not even close to being true. The samples were shared for one single reason (as previously discussed with them): To show the difference between Luxe and Ultimate mats. The samples themselves that they send for Luxe vsUltimate were different showing the base with foam for Luxe vs thiner base for Ultimate. The color was the same. I’ve exchanged emails and had a phone call before samples were sent to me. When I talked to them after I received the samples, they agreed that the finished product is Luxe despite not matching the samples (they acknowledged it and apologized), which means I was right with my observation, and I commend them for that and hopping they’ll fix it. You do not need to defend anyone here (I shared my observations here, and if u don’t agree, it changes nothing, but facts are facts and something need to be fixed). The reason for sendings samples was to evaluate Luxe vs Ultimate like I said, not what you claimed, at least for my specific case/request. My intention was not to hold a grudge (as u falsely claim, but to address a genuine issue I had with the way the product was presented). Customer satisfaction and constructive feedback are essential for businesses to improve, and hence, FYI I have reported/reviewed more about 8 products/services that I recall now on this forum since 2019, 6 out of those reviews were positive and honest reviews, hence your claims are inaccurate again. Let's cultivate a culture of accountability and open dialogue, where we can respectfully discuss differing opinions not making personal statements. Your accusations are inaccurate, and I have no interest in engaging in a back-and-forth argument with you with regards to intentions. Again, instead, let us focus on fostering productive discussions that encourage growth and understanding.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Looking at the Lloyd website, the product that I was delivered (and you were delivered, and the OP was delivered) looks exactly as it is described and depicted to me, and at the end of the day what else would you want the company to do other than what they did, which is to offer you a refund since you weren't satisfied? Its not your responsibility to hold companies accountable and call them out or dictate to us what we should post or "foster" or whatever.

When I hear "its the principle of the matter" or "they should do whats right" my eyes just roll back in my head because its so self important and indulgent. At the end of the day, we are each one customer and if a business or product doesn't meet our needs or expectations, just move on.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Looking at the Lloyd website, the product that I was delivered (and you were delivered, and the OP was delivered) looks exactly as it is described and depicted to me, and at the end of the day what else would you want the company to do other than what they did, which is to offer you a refund since you weren't satisfied? Its not your responsibility to hold companies accountable and call them out or dictate to us what we should post or "foster" or whatever.

When I hear "its the principle of the matter" or "they should do whats right" my eyes just roll back in my head because its so self important and indulgent. At the end of the day, we are each one customer and if a business or product doesn't meet our needs or expectations, just move on.
lol, ok ok, good for u . To each their own.