S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

MWMods Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 06:18 PM

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts
2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
MWMods Lowering Module

Just received the lowering module for my 2019 S560 today from mwmods.com .
I inserted the Hand Held Lowering Module into the OBD2 connector and got the message on the media screen that I was in factory mode.
I set it to LOW and it dropped 40mm (just under 1 finger gap). I set it to custom before I changed anything and it set to 32mm lower (1 Finger gap)
I set it to factory and it went back to a 3 finger gap above the tires.
The floating body feel is gone when riding 20mm lower.
I'm going for almost a 2 finger gap for everyday use.
You can adjust from a (+40mm)-(-70mm) in Custom mode
$500 US dollar
Definitely worth the money if you want the look!!

The mud flaps you see have been painted body color (Anthracite Blue) and then clear coated.

Read the description under each picture.

The Hand Held Lowering Module and instructions

Factory Height

Factory height

Custom 32mm lower

Custom 32mm lower

Setting on Low 40mm

Setting on Low 40mm

Last edited by MBGuy2022; 04-11-2023 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 599 Likes on 394 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
This is awesome man.. so you can change the height setting of the tune at anytime including while driving while also staying in comfort right?

does the low ride setting feels like factory comfort or closer to sport suspension settings?
Old 04-10-2023, 10:15 PM

2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by S_W222
This is awesome man.. so you can change the height setting of the tune at anytime including while driving while also staying in comfort right?

does the low ride setting feels like factory comfort or closer to sport suspension settings?
You change the setting while in Park. Insert the module into the OBD2 connector, select your desired ride height setting (Low, Factory or Custom), remove module from OBD2 connector, drive away with new setting.
So it's sorta on the fly but not while traveling. I find the hardest thing to do is just pulling it out of the OBD2 connector when finished. The Comfort setting in the dash stays the same. The comfort level felt in the seat of your pants goes down as you lower the vehicle past a certain point (the point the floaty boat feel goes away). The lower you go the harsher the ride as with any vehicle but by no means is unacceptable or unexpected.

edit: I believe you have Magic Body Control not Airmatic suspension. Check and see if it works on your car.

Last edited by MBGuy2022; 04-10-2023 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
Originally Posted by MBGuy2022
You change the setting while in Park. Insert the module into the OBD2 connector, select your desired ride height setting (Low, Factory or Custom), remove module from OBD2 connector, drive away with new setting.
So it's sorta on the fly but not while traveling. I find the hardest thing to do is just pulling it out of the OBD2 connector when finished. The Comfort setting in the dash stays the same. The comfort level felt in the seat of your pants goes down as you lower the vehicle past a certain point (the point the floaty boat feel goes away). The lower you go the harsher the ride as with any vehicle but by no means is unacceptable or unexpected.

edit: I believe you have Magic Body Control not Airmatic suspension. Check and see if it works on your car.
No, mine is the 4-Matic, so it has Airmatic. Does the Low setting matches European factory setting? Last question, do you mind sharing a photo of the height adjustment screen using the module when you get a chance?
Old 04-11-2023, 02:41 AM

Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts
S560 Long 4Matic (DE) MY 2018
Just received the lowering module for my 2019 S560 today from mwmods.com .
I inserted the Hand Held Lowering Module into the OBD2 connector and got the message on the media screen that I was in factory mode.
I set it to LOW and it dropped 40mm (just under 1 finger gap). I set it to custom before I changed anything and it set to 32mm lower (1 Finger gap)
I set it to factory and it went back to a 3 finger gap above the tires.
The floating body feel is gone when riding 20mm lower.
I'm going for almost a 2 finger gap for everyday use.
You can adjust from a (+40mm)-(-70mm) in Custom mode
$500 US dollar
Definitely worth the money if you want the look!!

The mud flaps you see have been painted body color (Anthracite Blue) and then clear coated.
Hey @MBGuy2022, I wanted to ask, what setting did you end up using? I am going with the default "low" and looking at the wheels it feels that it might be a tad too low, plus the front and the rears don't appear to be at the same level of gap. I asked my mechanic to check the tyres after a few thousand Km and take the car for a ride, to see if he feels that an alingment is needed and concluded that it wasn't needed. I don't mind the little loss of comfort since as you correctly said, the boaty feeling is gone.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:58 AM

2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by Quenthel
Hey @MBGuy2022, I wanted to ask, what setting did you end up using? I am going with the default "low" and looking at the wheels it feels that it might be a tad too low, plus the front and the rears don't appear to be at the same level of gap. I asked my mechanic to check the tyres after a few thousand Km and take the car for a ride, to see if he feels that an alingment is needed and concluded that it wasn't needed. I don't mind the little loss of comfort since as you correctly said, the boaty feeling is gone.
Default Low 40mm is too low to drive with IMO. I'm at 25mm as a daily driver. Front and rear can be adjusted individually. See pics below.

No, mine is the 4-Matic, so it has Airmatic. Does the Low setting matches European factory setting? Last question, do you mind sharing a photo of the height adjustment screen using the module when you get a chance?
The Low setting is 40mm. The Euro setting is 1" or 25.4mm lower.
1 finger is about 3/4 inch.

25mm or about 1" which is perfect

25mm or just over 1 finger

Current Custom setting I put in - to change settings move Left or Right on media knob to select front or rear then up and down on media knob to adjust reading

This is the OK message you get after the Security Access window

It's checking itself against the VIN number which was preprogrammed into the HHModule

Custom settings from module designer - Can be changed

Select this when you want to change the Custom settings - Push down on media knob to select

If you want the preset Low setting (-40mm) then select this by pushing down on media knob

If you want to go back to the Factory setting select this window and push down on media knob - Factory is about 3 fingers or 2.25" gap

Select this window to put vehicle height at your preferred Custom setting

Last edited by MBGuy2022; 04-11-2023 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:15 PM

Default Low 40mm is too low to drive with IMO. I'm at 25mm as a daily driver. Front and rear can be adjusted individually. See pics below.

The Low setting is 40mm. The Euro setting is 1" or 25.4mm lower.
1 finger is about 3/4 inch.

Hey, I just checked, on my unit at least, the default Low was at -32mm. I've increased the height a bit to -27mm both front and rear. I am not noticing a massive difference (obviously), but it feels a wee bit smoother whilst still avoiding the boat-y feeling.

Here are two photos, at -27mm:

Front:

Rear:
Attached Thumbnails MWMods Lowering Module-20230411_190124.jpg   MWMods Lowering Module-20230411_190134.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MBGuy2022 (04-11-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 10:56 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
IG: @loweredbenz
MWMods lowering module

Originally Posted by BenzNinja

We do any calibration to any height for $250
Dear Ninja

This thread discusses suspension lowering module from MWMODS company.
Please do not be misled by the "cheapness" of your service, considering the obvious advantages of our product and team.

Suspension lowering module can:
- unlimited times to change the suspension height
- return the height to the factory, what will help maintain the dealer's warranty
- set the ideal height separately front and rear axle
- setup takes 30 sec, no wires, pc or other unnecessary devices

We have been known on this forum for 5 years, our managers are easy to communicate with, professional and always loyal to our customers.

Hoping for understanding, mwmods.com team
The following 2 users liked this post by egorijjj_mwmods:
NbyNW (04-28-2023), S_W222 (04-27-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by egorijjj_mwmods
- return the height to the factory, what will help maintain the dealer's warranty
Can you control each corner independently?
Old 04-27-2023, 11:54 AM

Front and rear axles can be controlled independently.
egorijjj_mwmods (04-27-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 06:40 AM

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts
Various
Love the chip based mods. I'll be ordering some soon.
egorijjj_mwmods (05-02-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 10:56 AM

2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by NbyNW
Love the chip based mods. I'll be ordering some soon.
Then don't forget to get their Hand Held Engine Tune. I got that too just haven't plugged it in yet due to exhaust flap and spark plug issues which are currently being fixed at Mercedes. It's been there a week already. Can't wait to get it back!
I put the ride height back to factory when I dropped it off.
That is a very convenient feature of this module is to be able to go back and forth when needed. Same on the engine tune module (Factory or Tune Programming). More on that module later.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBGuy2022:
NbyNW (04-28-2023), Robb92914 (04-29-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 11:07 AM

Then don't forget to get their Hand Held Engine Tune. I got that too just haven't plugged it in yet due to exhaust flap and spark plug issues which are currently being fixed at Mercedes. It's been there a week already. Can't wait to get it back!
I put the ride height back to factory when I dropped it off.
That is a very convenient feature of this module is to be able to go back and forth when needed. Same on the engine tune module (Factory or Tune Programming). More on that module later.
I am on the fence about purchasing this. I don't want to risk my engine just to get a bit of acceleration and I am unsure as to its reliability.

Also, if I were to compare with Renntech, why are they so much more expensive (plus I not sure if I can even find them in EU), on what appears to be a very similar service? I'd love some input from people with mwmods past experiences (mostly reliability, engine codes etc) before I would take the plunge.
Old 04-28-2023, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dear Ninja

This thread discusses suspension lowering module from MWMODS company.
Please do not be misled by the "cheapness" of your service, considering the obvious advantages of our product and team.

We have been known on this forum for 5 years, our managers are easy to communicate with, professional and always loyal to our customers.

Hoping for understanding, mwmods.com team
Agreed with the premium customer support and super responsive nature. I got my module for height adjustment today, process was super-smooth from first inquiry, answering questions, till ordering. Looking forward to try it out this weekend. I texted them my VIN and they got back to me with all possible scenarios. Straight forward answers with a list of all prices based on my VIN. 100 bucks for most on/off simple coding services was well justified and unbeatable, but I've had most of the simple stuff coded already. Their WhatsApp message support was timely and professionally written. As for why I chose the module, Being able to adjust height back and forth by myself is a must-have feature as I live in an area where sometimes I take routes that require the normal US spec's height as a peace of mind. For road trips and traveling to other states, I'd rather do US height too. I'll be using lower height adjustment when am in-town.
As for price or cheapness or whatever, as a client, I always prefer to have the prefect balance between paying the least amount of money combined with ease of use/coding "i.e.: module vs coding, same day cable remote coding vs major equipment , etc.". NWMODS have the perfect balance in my view and the idea of modules is just brilliant and convenient.

Last edited by S_W222; 04-28-2023 at 01:02 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by S_W222:
egorijjj_mwmods (05-02-2023), NbyNW (04-28-2023), Robb92914 (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 10:13 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Agreed with the premium customer support and super responsive nature. I got my module for height adjustment today, process was super-smooth from first inquiry, answering questions, till ordering. Looking forward to try it out this weekend. I texted them my VIN and they got back to me with all possible scenarios. Straight forward answers with a list of all prices based on my VIN. 100 bucks for most on/off simple coding services was well justified and unbeatable, but I've had most of the simple stuff coded already. Their WhatsApp message support was timely and professionally written. As for why I chose the module, Being able to adjust height back and forth by myself is a must-have feature as I live in an area where sometimes I take routes that require the normal US spec's height as a peace of mind. For road trips and traveling to other states, I'd rather do US height too. I'll be using lower height adjustment when am in-town.
As for price or cheapness or whatever, as a client, I always prefer to have the prefect balance between paying the least amount of money combined with ease of use/coding "i.e.: module vs coding, same day cable remote coding vs major equipment , etc.". NWMODS have the perfect balance in my view and the idea of modules is just brilliant and convenient.
Thank you more for the extended and honest review. Our team is very pleased to read feedback from our satisfied customers.

Happy to do our best for you! 🙏🏻💪
Old 05-25-2023, 06:51 PM

2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
Update:
After driving around and playing with different ride heights I have found -20mm to be my preferred daily driver setting. It's low enough to make a difference but not so low I hit parking spot stops.
I had a friend of mine say "It looks lowered". I was so proud.
Love this upgrade!

When working under the vehicle remember to raise the vehicle using the button in center console. Put it in the fully raised mode. I was able to work on the exhaust flaps with no problem this way.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 gle 63s coupe
22 Gle 63s mwm lowering module

I got there stage 1 and lowering module very pleased with the results and it's reasonably priced
The following 2 users liked this post by 22Gle63s:
Arsen brown (07-13-2023), egorijjj_mwmods (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Arsen brown
I also use the lowering module and Stage 1
They have a special offer if you buy both
As I recall, any function can be purchased remotely for $100, but there is nothing else on my car to activate
How much is the discount and can the discount be applied if Stage 1 is purchased after the lowering model has already been purchased?
Old 07-18-2023, 06:42 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

MWMods.com

How much is the discount and can the discount be applied if Stage 1 is purchased after the lowering model has already been purchased?
We consider the discount individually for each customer, do not hesitate to ask, we always try to meet your needs.
At the moment there is a promotion when you buy lowering module + stage1,2 ECU tune you save up to 300usd
Old 07-18-2023, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We consider the discount individually for each customer, do not hesitate to ask, we always try to meet your needs.
At the moment there is a promotion when you buy lowering module + stage1,2 ECU tune you save up to 300usd
Thanks!
Old 06-25-2024, 06:47 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

NbyNW (06-26-2024)