S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Technical Service Bulletin/Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 05:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S550
Technical Service Bulletin/Warranty Issue

I have a 2019 S560 that was recently serviced (B service) at an independent shop. After the service was performed, the shop was unable to initialize the service indicator warning and I cannot remove the "B Service is overdue by XXX days". The independent shop advised me that they think this is a software bug that needs to be addressed by a Mercedes dealership. I searched these forums and found a Mercedes Benz bulletin... "topic # L100.20-P-069865 Maintenance interval data incorrect, unable to be reinitialized" ...that addressed this issue. The bulletin lists a remedy of a software update. The bulletin was published on 06/25/2019. So, today I was at a Mercedes dealership to get a 4 wheel alignment and I asked the service advisor about getting a software update to resolve the problem. His response was that any software updates would be a charge of $249. My car is a CPO with two more years on it's extended warranty. Wouldn't a known software defect be covered under warranty?
Old 05-18-2023, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 713 Likes on 530 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
should be if under warranty and it has an issue.

Better yet ask him to reset service indicator since you had it done somewhere else and they could not due to issue.
show them receipt.

Now if dealer did service you know they would have update for free probably.