S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

FCPEURO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 s560v4
FCPEURO

Some of us have been using FCPeuro for our parts as they offer a lifetime guarantee on parts. I have used them in the past with no complaints as I would receive a full refund.
But they have changed their policy since November 2022.
If you make a purchase and return the item under the Lifetime guarantee you will only receive a credit- no refund. And that credit will be for the original price that you paid for the item in the past. So if the new price is higher- you won’t get credit for that difference.
What happens if you no longer keep your German vehicle? Looks like you’ll be out of money.
This is a game changer for me.
The following users liked this post:
Phillyfinest (05-23-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 599 Likes on 394 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
"What happens if you no longer keep your German vehicle?" Well, I think this hasn't changed. Even before Nov 2022, you would have to order the same part again in order to get the refund. So, if you no longer own your current vehicle (and the part number doesn't work for your new car), even under the previous policy: 1. You would have had no access to the previous part to return it, 2. You would have to order the same part which does not fit your new car anyway. So in both cases, either before or after Nov 2022, the warranty was a good fit for as long as you keep your car, but won't serve you if you sell your car. As for the refund amount, I think this is fair. You get a full refund for the amount your originally paid, and in case part is now more expensive (inflation, etc), you only pay that difference. I have used them since the new Nov 2022 policy change, and process was still as smooth as it used to be.
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (05-25-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 07:41 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 s560v4
Originally Posted by S_W222
"What happens if you no longer keep your German vehicle?" Well, I think this hasn't changed. Even before Nov 2022, you would have to order the same part again in order to get the refund. So, if you no longer own your current vehicle (and the part number doesn't work for your new car), even under the previous policy: 1. You would have had no access to the previous part to return it, 2. You would have to order the same part which does not fit your new car anyway. So in both cases, either before or after Nov 2022, the warranty was a good fit for as long as you keep your car, but won't serve you if you sell your car. As for the refund amount, I think this is fair. You get a full refund for the amount your originally paid, and in case part is now more expensive (inflation, etc), you only pay that difference. I have used them since the new Nov 2022 policy change, and process was still as smooth as it used to be.
But you don’t get a refund! It’s only a store credit!
Old 05-23-2023, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,554 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, for new orders placed after November 2022 it's only store credit. For orders that were placed before November 2022, you can still get a cash refund. They will initially give a store credit, but if you email them and request a cash refund, they'll issue it. It was fairly smooth process for me. I had ordered rotors and pads before they changed their policy and recently needed replacements. Next time I will only get a store credit, but this time around I still got a cash refund. As for the refund amount, I don't think that has changed. The refund was always for how much you paid, and not what the part costs now from what I remember.

Yes, store credit means you have to keep buying parts from them in order to use it. Not ideal, but hey what other business gives a credit for worn parts? So still a much better deal than anywhere else. I suppose it depends on how often you need new parts. With my AMG I need new brakes about every 15k miles, so this still works for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
Quenthel (05-24-2023), Robb92914 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 09:42 PM

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
Personally I still see it as a benefit as the used part is worth a hard zero anywhere else; while making more sense from a business standpoint. The old way was nice while it lasted but this is more sustainable.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,650 Likes on 1,704 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
What will happen if you no longer have a German car? You would have had to pay for the parts you bought like everybody else?

I mean seriously, that was an amazing program but it made no sense.