S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Electrical not off after parking car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 10:48 AM

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Electrical not off after parking car

Drove into garage. I thought I turned off car. Couldn’t lock with handle. I see car is still on. I see display of radio and other symbols showing car not turned off. I opened door again then closed door. Then car goes to sleep and I can lock it. Could it be that I left the door open too long and car thought I was getting back in?

Has this happened to you?
Old 07-01-2023, 12:12 PM

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
Originally Posted by zitsky
Drove into garage. I thought I turned off car. Couldn’t lock with handle. I see car is still on. I see display of radio and other symbols showing car not turned off. I opened door again then closed door. Then car goes to sleep and I can lock it. Could it be that I left the door open too long and car thought I was getting back in?

Has this happened to you?
It may be unrelated, but sometimes the auto stop will kick in shutting the car off when I pull into the garage. Depending on my level of car awareness, I sometimes think I have pressed the off button.When in fact, the car is actually still on.... I have to lean in and press the start button ( off) So that the screens go off And the car properly responds to the key...in my mind there is not proper logic to this sequence of events but it happens a couple time a year....
Old 07-01-2023, 01:59 PM

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by kafklatsch
It may be unrelated, but sometimes the auto stop will kick in shutting the car off when I pull into the garage. Depending on my level of car awareness, I sometimes think I have pressed the off button.When in fact, the car is actually still on.... I have to lean in and press the start button ( off) So that the screens go off And the car properly responds to the key...in my mind there is not proper logic to this sequence of events but it happens a couple time a year....
That happened to me once when I was just learning how much space I had in the garage. I think this last time maybe I had the door open and the car went back to active mode??? I was eyeballing the foam I installed on the driver’s side wall. (Not the car!)
Old 07-20-2023, 12:44 PM

2020 S560 4Matic
This happened again today. Went to lock using the door handle. Not locking. Didn't try other doors.

Pulled on door handle and opened door, alarm went off. Message on dash was "put keys in little pocket by the drink holders". I tried that, didn't seem to do anything. But I didn't take my keychain apart and they probably just didn't fit in. So I unlocked the car with the key fob, alarm went off. Got out, locked with the key fob.

Got back to car, unlocked using the door handle. When parked, locked car again using door handle. Mercedes app reminded me later about the alarm. And I realized I could have used that to lock / unlock.

Maybe I need to replace the battery in the keyfob. It works just fine most of the time. It seems as if the car thinks the keyfob is still inside the car. That would explain the alarm going off, I think.