Curious options list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 337 Likes on 250 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Curious options list

Looking at a facelift W222 and saw the oddest set of options. I'm guessing the owner must have ordered the car this way to his/her personal tastes.

Besides premium package and driver assistance which nearly every W222 comes with, this car has:
  • Heads up Display
  • Exclusive Trim package (but not Exclusive Nappa leather, first time I've seen these not together)
  • Night view Assist Plus
  • Magic Body Control
  • 20" Wheels
I know people on here love MBC, so that would be nice to have, but how useful is Night View? For me personally, I would have to have Warmth and Comfort, as my wife is totally in love with the heated armrests and steering wheel, even though we only use them a couple months a year here in Texas.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:03 PM

Received 140 Likes on 97 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
If I could do it over again, I would have ponied up and opted for MBC, HUD and the Night View (if its within budget of course).

MBC, I had a friend's 560 equipped with it and loved it.
My wife's GLE has HUD which I originally didn't care for but found it pretty useful for all of the local speed cameras in my area, wouldn't be a deal breaker though.
Night view, after lasik my night vision isnt as sharp as I would like and I do a good amount of evening driving in deer areas. ILS+ has come in handy but having night view would make me much more comfortable, also wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Warmth and Comfort, its nice but heated seats are more than adequate to make you comfortable. Its nice to have the heated steering wheel and panels/console but if you are only using it a handful of times a year, you could skip it.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:48 PM

Received 200 Likes on 131 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Used S560's seem to have "less consistent" options than S550's did. I searched from March of 2023 through September of 2023 and never found a car with options that made sense to me. I actually bought my 2017 S550 "by mistake". It was out of state, and I wasn't familiar with the packages, so when I saw that the car had heated seats in the fron and rear I assumed it had the warmth and comfort package...it didn't

So I began searching for a nicely equpped S560 in March of 2023. I almost bought a local 2019 S560 that had the 3D burmester system and Magic Sky, but it didn't have night view or HUD...what???

If you live in Seattle like me, where it gets dark around 3PM everyday from mid-October through late February options like night view, ILS/ILS+, Warmth & Comfort Package are practically must haves. The HUD helps to keep eyes on the road for navigation too. I wish my car had the heated windshield, but the heated magic vision control seems to be working well. I do wish the rear sunshade retracted when going in reverse. It's a pretty standard way of doing it on cars, my 2011 Jaguar had that feature, as has every I owned until buying the MB in 2022.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:08 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
Night Vision is wonderful. It rarely comes on, but when it does you are so thankful you have it when it shows a person or an animal at night. One of the very best features of Night Vision is its ability to show the road ahead perfectly in a rainstorm coming down so hard, all the other cars have pulled to the side of the row. It can be raining like a waterfall and your night vision will give you a perfect view of the road and cars ahead.

MBC is one of those hidden Gems that just makes a perfect ride even better. I look at my HUD display at least 3X more often than the actual dashboard.

The only option on your list I would change (if it were me) would be the 20" wheels for 19". The bigger the sidewall the lower the chances you will damage a wheel.
The following users liked this post:
C Swenson (11-18-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 612 Likes on 404 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
Night vision works flawless (when you need it). If you live in an area where there is a lot of cyclists and/or deer, the night vision is a must have and you’ll be impressed. The digital headlights will spot-lights the objects for you (warning them and also making them clear for you) and will also highlight them in red on the screen.

Another trick I often use is during severe fog weather and rain… the night vision camera even during the day is nice to have under these conditions.

Good luck shopping for a facelift W223…. You helped me a lot when I found my W222.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts
W212 FL
Two things are must- have for me :
1- 360 view camera
2- Night View .
You may not be aware of how useful those things could have been if you have not already used a car with those options but one you are accustomed to the versatilities of those , you always ask them . Not to mention safety aspects of the Night View System as well . Heads Up is also very convenient . I have driven a couple of cars with Heads Up Display . Yes, it's very cool and also enhances safety but I might live without it