2014 S63 AMG noises from passenger seat mat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg gts
2014 S63 AMG noises from passenger seat mat

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12IO...ew?usp=sharing

I recently bought a 2014 S63 AMG sedan and am suffering from severe noises from the passenger side.
It's. defs related to some type of arm or link or suspension, but am not able to distinguish.

All visible parts have been replaced, although with aftermarket products (MB parts so expensive).
This makes the issue difficult, because the replaced parts may be causing the noises.
No parts shake or move or make noise when shaken, which makes the problem more difficult.

Significant noises when going over normal bumps and bad roads. There is no sound when going over speed bumps. Only when going over smaller bumps on the road without lowering the speed.The high-pitched sounds are from turning the steering wheel(which I've fixed yesterday by greasing up the steering shaft), so ignore that sound.

Any idea to what this noise might be due to?

Last edited by Mbking96; 11-15-2023 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:47 AM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mbking96
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12IO...ew?usp=sharing

I recently bought a 2014 S63 AMG sedan and am suffering from severe noises from the passenger side.
It's. defs related to some type of arm or link or suspension, but am not able to distinguish.

All visible parts have been replaced, although with aftermarket products (MB parts so expensive).
This makes the issue difficult, because the replaced parts may be causing the noises.
No parts shake or move or make noise when shaken, which makes the problem more difficult.

Significant noises when going over normal bumps and bad roads. There is no sound when going over speed bumps. Only when going over smaller bumps on the road without lowering the speed.The high-pitched sounds are from turning the steering wheel(which I've fixed yesterday by greasing up the steering shaft), so ignore that sound.

Any idea to what this noise might be due to?
So sorry to hear that. So you are using non-Mercedes parts and doing it yourself or with a non-Mercedes repair shop? I'm not expert but I agree it could be those parts. The suspension is really expensive. Sorry I can't help. I'm just curious.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 BMW 750il, 2018 Audi A6 SC, 2015 S550 LWB, 2007 Audi S8
100% Front shocks are done. I will tell you how I know. I have replaced my OEM shocks (by mistake, chasing clunks) with Arnott. Direct bolt on, fine, everything worked fine. 3 weeks later they developed same clink as you showed. Luckily I still had my original ones. I took the new Arnot's off, and I could compress them by hand, old original ones I could not. I have put the old ones back on the car, 100% no issue. It took 2 hours for complete job. I did it myself. Replace the shocks with OEM or worst case scenario with used OEM, don't go Arnot or Cardone. My 2c.